05 Jul Weekly Rundown: 2018 Ransomware Tally, Software Code Defense, Cybersecurity Patents
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Jul. 5, 2018
The cybersecurity stories we’re following, and you should too:
- Organizations globally say they are experiencing a shortage of experienced security staff in proportion to the amount of cyberattacks.
- Cybersecurity and application development teams need to work together in order to thwart malicious attacks on software code.
- China has surpassed the rest of the world in cybersecurity patents, although US-based IBM and Microsoft have the largest number of patents in our field.
- WannaCry and Petya one year later — is the healthcare industry ready for the next wave of cyberattacks?
- Global ransomware damage costs are expected to hit $8 billion in 2018, and trending towards $11.5 billion next year.
- Personal Privacy: Top 12 Tips For Safer Browsing On The Internet — Web surfing doesn’t have to be that bad.
- Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that by 2021 more than 70 percent of all cryptocurrency transactions annually will be for illegal activity.
- 132 Women In Cybersecurity To Follow On Twitter, Thousands More Coming: Compiling the world’s largest list of its kind.
- Foundation For Defense Of Democracies: Understanding Russia’s Approach to Cyber-Enabled Economic Warfare.
- New list is out — Directory Of Cybersecurity Incubators In The U.S. And Internationally.
If you can’t do the time, then don’t do the cybercrime:
Follow the companies that support our Weekly Rundown:
- Digital Defense — Trusted provider of security risk assessment solutions, protecting billions of dollars in assets for clients around the globe.
- EKRAN — Monitor, detect, and analyze user based insider threats. User monitoring software for your servers and workstations.
- Agari — Eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
- Secure Anchor — High-touch cybersecurity services that help organizations prevent breaches, detect network intrusions, and respond to advanced threats.
- CyberSN.com — Dramatically decrease the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching for Cyber Security Professionals.
- MetaCompliance — GDPR for Dummies. Download your free PDF to help with your internal GDPR training.
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Extraordinarily high value domain name is listed for sale by owner:
Cyberwarfare.com — The top exact-match category defining word pure .com domain name for your company, website, or media property. Background info on this domain name. Serious inquiries only.
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Weekly Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.