28 Feb Cybersecurity Book Selections And Reviews By Scott Schober
Books that arm readers in the war against cybercrime
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Northport, N.Y. – Apr. 30, 2020
Our editors are constantly pitched by authors on the latest and greatest cybersecurity books. But only a small percentage of them get a thumbs-up from us.
With only so much time to read, we aim to filter out the best books for our readers.
Cybercrime Magazine is excited to bring you video reviews on some of the classics, as well as brand new titles that are just hitting the shelves.
Scott Schober, our chief security officer, takes a deep dive into each book — and provides you with his authoritative opinion.
This month, Scott reviews Scam Me If You Can: Simple Strategies to Outsmart Today’s Rip-off Artists. As one of the world’s most respected authorities on the subjects of fraud, forgery, and cybersecurity, the author, Frank Abagnale, knows how scammers work. In this book, he reveals the latest tricks that today’s scammers, hackers, and con artists use to steal your money and personal information — often online and over the phone.
Book Review: Scam Me If You Can, by Frank Abagnale
Learn about cybercrimes that haven’t become widespread yet
If a book makes it onto our list, then it’s worth buying. But watch the video review and decide for yourself. We cover cybercrime, cybersecurity, cyberwarfare, digital privacy, and human interest stories.
- Cybersecurity Is Everybody’s Business. Solve the Security Puzzle for Your Small Business and Home. Scott Schober. A wake-up call on modern cyber threats.
- Ghost in the Wires. My Adventures as the World’s Most Wanted Hacker. Kevin Mitnick. A must-read written by the world’s most famous hacker.
- Data and Goliath. The Hidden Battles to Collect Your Data and Control Your World. Bruce Schneier. The New York Times Bestseller from renowned cryptographer.
- Future Crimes. Inside the Digital Underground and the Battle for Our Connected World. Marc Goodman. The New York Times Bestseller from a digital futurist.
- The Art of Invincibility. The World’s Most Famous Hacker Teaches You How to Be Safe in the Age of Big Brother and Big Data. Kevin Mitnick. For citizens and consumers.
- Spam Nation. The Inside Story of Organized Cybercrime — from Global Epidemic to Your Front Door. Brian Krebs. Investigative journalist unmasks cybercriminal masterminds.
- Swiped. How to Protect Yourself in a World Full of Scammers, Phishers, and Identity Thieves. Adam Levin. Identity theft is a fact of life. Learn how to protect yourself.
- Women Know Cyber. 100 Fascinating Females Fighting Cybercrime. Steve Morgan and Di Freeze. Role models for anyone contemplating a career in cybersecurity.
Is there a book you’d like us to review? Tell us about it.
Stay tuned for more book reviews!
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.