28 Feb Cybersecurity Books
Books that arm readers in the war against cybercrime
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Northport, N.Y. – May 25, 2019
Our editors are constantly pitched by authors on the latest and greatest cybersecurity books. But only a small percentage of them get a thumbs up from us.
With only so much time to read, we aim to filter out the best books for our readers.
A new book from Scott E. Augenbaum — a thirty-year FBI veteran — The Secret To Cybersecurity: A Simple Plan To Protect Your Family And Business From Cybercrime — can save your digital life.
Augenbaum’s book opens with what he calls ‘The Four Truths’: Nobody expects to become a victim; You’re probably not getting your money back; The bad guys probably aren’t getting arrested; A majority of cybercrime can be prevented. Read our review.
Another one hot off the presses from Roger Grimes is A Data-Driven Computer Security Defense: THE Computer Security Defense You Should Be Using. Our editors haven’t reviewed it yet, but they will soon.
If a book makes it onto our list, then it’s worth buying. Our list contains 10 books which are well written, and enlighten readers on the topics of cybercrime, cyberwarfare, and cybersecurity.
- Borderless Behavior Analytics: Who’s inside? What’re they doing? – Saryu Nayyar. Hear directly from CIOs, CSOs, and CISOs on the cyber threats they face, and how security analytics helps.
- CISO Desk Reference Guide: A practical guide for CISOs – Bill Bonney, Gary Hayslip, and Matt Stamper. Book for aspiring, recently hired or promoted CISOs — the how-to guide for their position.
- Data and Goliath: The Hidden Battles to Collect Your Data and Control Your World – Bruce Schneier. A New York Times Bestseller from one of the top experts in our field.
- Future Crimes: Inside the Digital Underground and the Battle for Our Connected World – Marc Goodman. The Wall Street Journal, New York Times and USA Today Bestseller.
- Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World’s Most Wanted Hacker – Kevin Mitnick. A must-read written by the world’s most famous hacker.
- Hacking the Hacker: Learn From the Experts Who Take Down Hackers – Roger Grimes. Hackers are good, not bad. Profiles of 26 top hackers.
- Hacked Again: It Can Happen To Anyone, Even A Cybersecurity Expert – Scott Schober. The Original Hackers Dictionary for Small Business Owners.
- Protecting Your Internet Identity: Are You Naked Online? – Ted Claypoole and Theresa Payton. Extensive advise on how to take charge of your personal identity in cyberspace.
- Spam Nation: The Inside Story of Organized Cybercrime-from Global Epidemic to Your Front Door – Brian Krebs. New York Times Bestseller from one of the top cybercrime investigative reporters.
- The Hacked World Order: How Nations Fight, Trade, Maneuver, and Manipulate in the Digital Age – Adam Segal. A cybersecurity expert offers unmatched insight into the new, opaque global conflict that is transforming geopolitics.
- Women Know Cyber: 100 Fascinating Females Fighting Cybercrime – Steve Morgan, Di Freeze. Based on the popular @WomenKnow list from Cybercrime Magazine.
– Steve Morgan is founder and and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.