13 Apr Cybersecurity Research: All In One Place
The facts, figures, statistics, and predictions that we follow Sponsored by KnowBe4
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Northport, N.Y. – Aug. 24, 2020
Cybersecurity Ventures formulates our own ground-up research — plus we vet, synthesize and repurpose research from the most credible sources (analysts, researchers, associations, vendors, industry experts, media publishers) — to provide our readers with a bird’s-eye view of cybercrime and the cybersecurity industry.
Our sponsor KnowBe4 — provider of the world’s largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform — recently announced it has launched a new research arm called KnowBe4 Research, with the branch’s first “Security Culture Report.”
Reports and predictions authored by the editors at Cybersecurity Ventures, and originally published in Cybercrime Magazine:
- Official Annual Cybercrime Report – Cybercrime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015 previous editions
- Ransomware Report – Global ransomware damage costs will reach $20 billion by 2021, 57X more than 2015 previous editions
- Cybersecurity Jobs Report – There will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs by 2021, up from 1 million openings in 2014
- Cybersecurity Market Report – Global spending on cybersecurity products and services will exceed $1 trillion cumulatively from 2017 to 2021
- Women In Cybersecurity Workforce – Women represented 20 percent of cybersecurity workers globally in 2019
- Data Attack Surface Report – The world will store 200 zettabytes of data by 2025. 50 percent of all data will be stored in the cloud.
- Cybersecurity Almanac – 100 facts, figures, predictions and statistics published by Cybersecurity Ventures and Cisco.
- Cryptocurrency Market Watch – By 2021 more than 70 percent of all cryptocurrency transactions annually will be for illegal activity
Cybercrime TV: 2020 Security Culture Report
Kai Roer, Security Culture Advocate at KnowBe4
- Security Awareness Training Report – Global spending on security awareness training for employees predicted to reach $10 billion by 2027
- Human Attack Surface Report – There will be 6 billion internet users by 2022 — and more than 7.5 billion internet users by 2030
- Identity & Access Management Report – Global spending on IAM products and services will exceed $16 billion USD annually by 2022
- Wi-Fi & Mobile Devices To Hit 80 Percent Of IP Traffic By 2025 – BYOD and mobile apps pose a major security threat to the enterprise
- Healthcare Security $65 Billion Market – Ransomware attacks on healthcare organizations are predicted to quadruple by 2020
- Cyberinsurance Report 2017 To 2021 – Cyberinsurance spending forecasts differ widely; cautious optimism for market growth through 2021
- World Will Need To Secure 300 Billion Passwords By 2020 – Cybersecurity Ventures projects the total number of user and privileged accounts that will need to be secured — which is a combination of human and machine passwords
- Zero-Day Report 2017 To 2021 – Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that newly reported zero-day exploits will rise from one per week in 2015 to one per day by 2021
Contact us for information about our cybersecurity and cybercrime facts, figures, statistics, and predictions – and to learn about opportunities to sponsor or co-publish reports with us.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.
Sponsored by KnowBe4
KnowBe4 is the world’s largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform that helps you manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. We are a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant and the fastest-growing vendor in this space. We are proud of the fact that more than 50 percent of our team are women.