13 Apr Cybersecurity Research: All In One Place
The facts, figures, statistics, and predictions that we follow… and you should too
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Northport, N.Y. – Jan. 26, 2019
Cybersecurity Ventures formulates our own ground-up research — plus we vet, synthesize and repurpose research from the most credible sources (analysts, researchers, associations, vendors, industry experts, media publishers) — to provide our readers with a bird’s-eye view of cybercrime and the cybersecurity industry.
We are currently compiling the 100 most important cybercrime and cybersecurity facts, figures, statistics, and predictions, for our first annual 2019 Cybersecurity Almanac. Stay tuned for this exciting compilation!
Reports and predictions authored by the editors at Cybersecurity Ventures, and originally published in Cybercrime Magazine:
- 2019 Official Annual Cybercrime Report – Cybercrime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015 previous editions
- 2019 Official Annual Ransomware Report – Global ransomware damage costs predicted to reach $20 billion (USD) by 2021 previous editions
- 2018-2021 Cybersecurity Jobs Report – Cybersecurity Ventures predicts there will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs by 2021, up from 1 million openings in 2014
- 2018-2021 Cybersecurity Market Report – Global spending on cybersecurity products and services will exceed $1 trillion cumulatively from 2017 to 2021
- Women Represent 20 Percent Of Cybersecurity Workers In 2019 – Number of women in the cybersecurity field is recalculated and rising
- Cryptocurrency Market Watch – Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that by 2021 more than 70 percent of all cryptocurrency transactions annually will be for illegal activity
- Security Awareness Training Report – Global spending on security awareness training for employees predicted to reach $10 billion by 2027
- Human Attack Surface Report – Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that there will be 6 billion Internet users by 2022) — and more than 7.5 billion Internet users by 2030
- Identity & Access Management Report – Cybersecurity Ventures predicts global spending on IAM products and services will exceed $16 billion USD annually by 2022
- Wi-Fi & Mobile Devices To Hit 80 Percent Of IP Traffic By 2025 – BYOD and mobile apps pose a major security threat to the enterprise
- Healthcare Security $65 Billion Market – Ransomware attacks on healthcare organizations are predicted to quadruple by 2020
- Cyberinsurance Report 2017 To 2021 – Cyberinsurance spending forecasts differ widely; cautious optimism for market growth through 2021
- World Will Need To Secure 300 Billion Passwords By 2020 – Cybersecurity Ventures projects the total number of user and privileged accounts that will need to be secured — which is a combination of human and machine passwords
- 111 Billion Lines Of New Software Code Every Year – SVP and CTO of Cisco DevNet shares research statistic from Cybersecurity Ventures
- Zero-Day Report 2017 To 2021 – Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that newly reported zero-day exploits will rise from one per week in 2015 to one per day by 2021
Contact us for information about our cybersecurity and cybercrime facts, figures, statistics, and predictions – and to learn about opportunities to sponsor or co-publish reports with us.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.