Cybersecurity Ventures contributors. PHOTO: Cybercrime Magazine.
13 Apr Contributors
Posted at 19:10h in Uncategorized
Our team works with an experienced group of regular contributors to bring you Cybercrime Magazine.
- David Braue, Editor-at-Large, contributes articles and special features to Cybercrime Magazine. An award-winning freelance technology writer, he’s been covering the IT and business sectors for 25 years. David is presently a journalist at CSO Australia and Information Age. He previously held roles as editor and writer for ZDNet, Government Technology Review, Macworld, CIO Magazine, PC Week, and others. David earned a B.A. in English from Tufts University and a Master of Criminology, Law from the University of Sydney.
- Charlie Osborne, Editor-at-Large, contributes articles and special features to Cybercrime Magazine from London. One of the top journalists in our field, Charlie covers security for ZDNet, and her work also appears in TechRepublic and other media outlets. Charlie earned a Bsc from The University of Kent. She has earned numerous certifications and took online courses in cryptography, cybersecurity and risk management at schools including Stanford, University of Washington, University of Pennsylvania, and University of London International Programmes.
- Dr. Jay, PhD, CISO Ambassador, is a member of our Board of Advisors, and our go-to expert for feedback on editorial content aimed at C-suite executives, CIOs, and senior information security leaders at large enterprises. She is the SVP of Cybersecurity Technology for Mastercard. Before that, she was the CISO for Xerox. Dr. Jay is the former Deputy CIO for the White House. She reviews and provides insights to our editors on reports, resources, and interviews that are published in Cybercrime Magazine. Dr. Jay spent more than 11 years as an Adjunct Faculty Member for several well-respected universities, and 6 years as a Cryptologic Engineer at the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD).
- Theresa Payton, Chief Cybercrime Investigator, is our go-to expert for deep dives into specialized subject matter concerning the cyber protection of people, places and businesses. She is the host of special programs including our popular “CISO Minute” podcast, which has a loyal audience of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 chief information security officers. Theresa is the former White House CIO, and she played the role of Deputy Commander of Intelligence on CBS’ TV show “Hunted.” She is the author of the book “Manipulated: Inside the Cyberwar to Hijack Elections and Distort the Truth.”
- Scott Schober, Chief Security Officer and Media Commentator, has interviewed numerous high profile cybersecurity founders and Fortune 500 CISOs for Cybercrime Magazine. Scott also goes on location for our live appearances at the RSA Conference and other venues. He is author of the popular books “Hacked Again” and “Cybersecurity Is Everybody’s Business,” and CEO at BV Systems, the inventors and manufacturers of world-class wireless cybersecurity products. Most importantly, Scott advises Cybersecurity Ventures on our own information and cybersecurity practices.
- Lisa Rothstein Cartoonist, creates hand-drawn visuals for Cybersecurity Ventures and Cybercrime Magazine. Lisa is a New Yorker Magazine cartoonist, book illustrator, branding expert, public speaker and brand storyteller. After starting out her career as a New York City street performer, she became an award-winning copywriter and associate creative director on Madison Avenue and in Paris for major advertising agencies and corporate brands. Lisa earned a BA in Semiotics from Brown University.
- Heather Engel, Cybersecurity Expert, Managing Partner at Strategic Cyber Partners, and Board Member for the Virginia Economic Development Partnership, appears weekly on our “Talking Cyber” podcast series. She is also a Cybercrime Magazine guest host, and a field reporter at industry conferences. Engel is a subject matter expert in NIST frameworks, FedRAMP, and Payment Card Industry security standards with over 18 years of experience in IT and security. She graduated from the Pennsylvania State University and holds a Master of Business Administration from Florida Institute of Technology.
- Robert Kerbeck, Corporate Spy and Author of “Ruse: Lying the American Dream from Hollywood to Wall Street,” is host of our weekly one-minute “I Spy” series on the Cybercrime Magazine Podcast. Ruse is a thrilling look into the world of corporate espionage and Kerbeck’s career as a secret spy. His essays and short stories have been featured in numerous magazines and literary journals. Kerbeck has worked extensively in theater, film, and TV, appearing in lead roles in major shows and earning several awards. A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, he resides in Malibu, Calif.
- Burton Kelso, Guest Expert on our weekly consumer security podcast, shares tips and tricks to help people avoid hackers and keep their devices and gadgets safe. Kelso is a prolific keynote speaker and on-air guest TV technology, cybersecurity, and consumer products expert. He has appeared regularly on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, News Nation Now, The Black News Channel, Newsmax, and others, helping millions of people benefit from his opinion and advice. Kelso is founder of Integral, voted best computer repair service in the Kansas City, Mo. area.