13 Apr Contributors
CYBERSECURITY INDUSTRY THOUGHT LEADERS
Cybersecurity Ventures enjoys relationships with a global network of subject matter experts and thought leaders with deep domain experience in the cybersecurity industry. Our contributors share insights and commentary, and participate at varying levels in our reports and media.
- Bob Ackerman, Fortune 100 cybersecurity executive, is co-author of “Why the Hub of U.S. Cybersecurity – the D.C. Beltway – Produces So Few Commercial Cyber Startups,” a special report.
- David Balaban, editor at PC Privacy, has contributed ransomware reports and cybersecurity articles to us over the past several years.
- Magda CHELLY, Ph.D, CISSP, a cybersecurity evangelist based in Singapore, contributes blogs and videos on women in cyber, and the Asia-Pac region.
- Dr. Eric Cole is founder and CEO at Secure Anchor Consulting. He contributes articles covering the emerging trend of virtual CISOs.
- Anita D’Amico, CEO at Code Dx, and former head of the information warfare team at Northrop Grumman, writes about application security.
- John E. Dunn is a cybersecurity journalist for Naked Security and the former co-founder at Techworld and Computerworld UK.
- Mark Goodman, chair for Policy, Law and Ethics at Silicon Valley’s Singularity University, frequently contributes insights and commentary for our reports on cybercrime and ransomware
- Roger Grimes is a contributing editor covering security for IDG’s CSO, and was previously the InfoWorld magazine computer security columnist for over 12 years.
- Rob Hegedus, CEO at Sera-Brynn, researches and writes a quarterly compliance report for us, as well as periodic special submissions.
- Robert Herjavec, founder & CEO at Herjavec Group, and Shark on ABC’s “Shark Tank,” writes the monthly “Cybersecurity CEO” column.
- Mike Janke, co-founder at DataTribe and former chairman at Silent Circle, writes about the cybersecurity scene in the Metro D.C. area.
- Robert Johnson, III, president and CEO at Cimcor, Inc., writes about data security, and governance, risk and compliance (GRC).
- Kayla Matthews is a freelance writer for InformationWeek and other media outlets. She writes our monthly feature on cybersecurity conferences.
- Morag McGreevey, freelance writer, researches and contributes quarterly reports covering venture capital deal flow in the cybersecurity space.
- John Mello, freelance journalist, writes our quarterly Cybercrime Diary, Cyberwarfare Report, and Mergers & Acquisitions Report.
- Justin Paine is an experienced security researcher who wanders the interwebs and writes about data leaks that he finds before anyone else does.
- Theresa Payton, former White House CIO, and CEO at Fortalice Solutions, LLC is one of our special guest podcast and video hosts.
- Scott Schober, Author of the book “Hacked Again,” is chief media commentator for Cybersecurity Ventures, our official event speaker, and our video host.
- Gotham Sharma, a cybersecurity consultant, educator, and investor, is a Cybercrime Magazine field correspondent, regular contributor, and guest host.
- Joseph Steinberg is a recognized cybersecurity thought leader, and former Inc. Magazine columnist and Forbes contributor.
- Tyler Cohen Wood, cybersecurity expert, keynote speaker, and author, is one of our special guest podcast video hosts and subject matter experts.
- Jonathan Zhang, CEO at Whois XML API, writes a monthly blog on cybersecurity topics including security analysis and threat intelligence.
- Frank Zinghini, founder and CEO at Applied Visions, Inc. (AVI), lends his authoritative opinion and commentary on secure software development to some our reports and blogs