21 Jul List of Women Owned Cybersecurity Companies In The U.S. And Internationally
A special directory compiled by the editors at Cybercrime Magazine
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Sausalito, Calif. – May 20, 2020
Cybercrime Magazine is excited to bring our readers a list of women-owned cybersecurity companies in the U.S. and internationally.
This list is part of our ongoing effort to promote awareness about women in cybersecurity. Research from Cybersecurity Ventures, which first appeared in the media early last year, predicts that women will represent more than 20 percent of the global cybersecurity workforce by the end of 2019.
The companies we follow, and you should too:
- 3P&T Security Recruiting, Everett, Wash. 3P&T is a cybersecurity recruiting firm with past placements including penetration testers, application security engineers, PCI consultants, GRC managers, cloud security architects, security officers, architects, engineers, etc.
- Agil3 Technology Solutions, Falls Church, Va. Founded by Belinda Estelle Lowe, Agil3 Technology Solutions offers specialized defensive cybersecurity services, Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Solutions, and Professional Services driven by customer requirements.
- Alcyconie, Saint-Malo, France. Founded by Stephanie Ledoux, Alcyconie is a firm that specializes in crisis prevention and cyber crisis management.
- Antiopea-Blockchain Innovative Solutions, Paris, France. Co-founded by Dominique Perrin, Antiopea is a start-up specialized in blockchain, assisted intelligence and cybersecurity that offers companies efficient and original software solutions against breaches, identity fraud and data theft without disrupting their existing computer systems.
- Arwen, Boston, Mass. Co-Founded by Sharon Goldberg, Arwen is a team of seasoned experts in cryptography, network and cloud security. Born as Commonwealth Crypto Inc.
- Auriga Consulting Ltd, London, UK. Founded by Louise T. Dunne, Auriga is a privately owned company that supplies a cyber protection journey, from design through to continuous monitoring, to many high profile government departments, agencies, and private sector organizations.
- Bandura Systems, St. Louis, Mo. Co-founded by Suzanne Magee, Bandura Systems is an industry leader in rapid aggregation of multiple threat intelligence feeds, including internally detected cyber threats. Bandura pioneered the concept of a Threat Intelligence Gateway (TIG) for the U.S. Department of Defense, and over 50 issued and pending patents later, the company continues to offer the most comprehensive, scalable and granular TIG platform on the market.
Women In Cyber: Ashley Rose, CEO at Living Security
Cybersecurity Awareness Training and Phishing Simulation
- Baycloud Systems, Oxford, UK. Co-founded by Valerie O’Neill, Baycloud Systems develops scalable cloud-based privacy and security enabling systems. Their products include the CookieQ e-Privacy and Do Not Track compliance multi-domain, active management and malware blocking service, the CookieQ Audit automated audit scanner and the TrackerGate universal Do-Not-Track plug-in.
- Bob’s Business Cyber Security Awareness, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK. Founded by Melanie Oldham, Bob’s Business Cyber Security Awareness works with organizations to improve their information security and data governance by developing tools that capture employee attention. They provide ready-made solutions for SME’s and fully tailored solutions for the FTSE 500, central government and beyond.
- Boecore, Colorado Springs, Colo. Founded by Kathy Boe, Boecore is an aerospace and defense engineering company specializing in cybersecurity, software solutions, system engineering, enterprise networks and mission operations.
- Boxcryptor, Augsburg, Germany. Founded by Andrea Pfundmeier, Boxcryptor is an encryption solution for your cloud that is optimized for the use with cloud storage providers such as Dropbox, iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive for Business and many more.
- Bulb Security, Herndon, Va. Founded by Georgia Weidman, Bulb Security is a cybersecurity research, training, and testing firm that provides services stemming from Founder Georgia Weidman’s work in penetration testing.
- Business Partner Solutions, Scottsdale, Ariz. Founded by Katherine Bluma, BPS offers a broad range of solutions, including risk assessment, improving compliance, and securing infrastructure. Practice areas include assessment, compliance, data, analytics, and security architecture and infrastructure services.
- BWM Outcomes, Haymarket, Va. Founded by Jacqueline Bahe, BWM Outcomes provides full spectrum cyber operations, intelligence support activities, training and evaluation, and program management and support. Clients include government, law enforcement, and business enterprises.
Women In Cyber: Heather Engel, Founder of Strategic Cyber Partners
Virtual CISO and GRC Services
- Centerpoint, Leesburg, Va. Co-founded by Baly Ambegaoker, Centerpoint focuses on supporting clients’ mission in defense, intelligence, and civilian agencies.
- Cinteot, Chambersburg, Pa. Founded by Christina Hunt, Cinteot is a small IT services company that specializes in cybersecurity, big data/databases, software development, systems testing and STIG compliance training.
- Civic Ledger, Sydney, New South Wales. Co-founded by Katrina Donaghy, Civic Ledger is a civic-focused blockchain company that works with local, state, and national governments on the use of blockchain technologies to solve specific business problems where blockchain is advantaged over traditional technologies.
- CKSS, Elkridge, Md. Founded by Lucy Kimani, CKSS is a security service provider specializing in consulting services; IT audits and managed services; and cyber solutions across federal, commercial, education, state and local government agencies.
- ConMon360, Bethesda, Md. Founded by Nneka Achufusi, ConMon360 is a consulting firm specializing in providing security solutions to both federal and commercial customers nationwide. The primary focus is on assessments, compliance, continuous monitoring, cyber risk and privacy.
- Conventus, Chicago, Ill. Co-founded by Sarah Isaacs, Conventus is a national information security consulting firm that specializes in endpoint and server security, compliance, data loss prevention, and security monitoring and analytics.
- CSI Latam, Guatemala. Founded by Diana Peña, CSI Latam provides professional services, managed services, and education. Professional services include risk assessment, penetration testing/ethical hacking, and consultancy services. Managed services include CAAS, SIAAS, TAAS, VAAS, and AAAS.
Women In Cyber: Moving Beyond the 20 Percent
Inspiration from thought leaders
- The Cyber Maniacs, London, UK. Founded by Kathryn Brett Goldman, The Cyber Maniacs deliver human centric & data driven security awareness to help companies build better cyber habits and digital skills. The Cyber Maniacs provide a cloud-based and interactive learning experience.
- Cyberus Security, San Jose, Calif. Founded by Cynthia James, Cyberus Security specializes in cybersecurity training for executives and Internet safety training for employees and can help you develop a breach survival plan and CEO/board alert process.
- Cygenta, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK. Co-founded by Jessica Barker, Cygenta supports clients dealing with the multi-dimensional challenge of cybersecurity. Cygenta provides testing, training and talking.
- Cynch Security, Melbourne, VIC, Australia. Co-founded by Susie Jones, Cynch Security is known as “Cyber Fitness for Digital Businesses.” Cynch Security uses automation to deliver a tailored SaaS cyber resilience platform and offers plain language advice and training, continuous risk assessment and prioritization.
- Defensive Lab Agency, Paris, France. Co-founded by Esther Onfroy and Rayna Stamboliyska, Defensive Lab Agency provides security services including, prototyping, audit, expert advice, proactive protection, surveillance and investigations.
- DigiSec360, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. Founded by Nanda Chougule and Neena Pandey, DigiSec360 is a technology firm focused on the human element of cybersecurity. They aspire to partner with all small and medium enterprises as their trusted cybersecurity partners and help them achieve cybersecurity compliance, keep them cyber-safe and enable them to navigate the digital landscape with confidence.
- Digital Interruption, Manchester, UK. Founded by Saskia Coplans, Digital Interruption is a cybersecurity consultancy which provides penetration testing, vulnerability security scanning, security training and compliance services.
- Elevate Security, Berkeley, Calif. Co-founded by Masha Sedova, Elevate Security provides a web-based platform that focuses on shifting human behavior and responses to security threats in order to prevent breaches. Elevate Security provides the first people-centric solution that is based on behavioral science and is designed to transform the human element as a core defense strategy for organizations.
- Fortalice Solutions, Charlotte, N.C. Founded by Theresa Payton, Fortalice Solutions brings together the sharpest minds in cybersecurity to protect people, businesses and nations from the world’s most sophisticated adversaries.
- Fraud.net, New York, N.Y. Co-founded by Cathy Ross, Fraud.net helps online merchants, travel agencies, and financial services companies eliminate payment fraud and supercharge their operations with real-time, data-enriched visual analytics.
- FutureCon Events, St. Louis, Mo. Founded by Kim Hakim, FutureCon produces high-level events aimed for senior-level professionals working in the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry.
Women In Cyber: Former White House CIO Theresa Payton
Founder and CEO at Fortalice
- Geek Girl Tech, Oakland, Calif. Founded by Jenn Diesi, Geek Girl Tech provides IT and information security solutions, while creating opportunities for women and other underrepresented people in tech and non-technical roles.
- Grokability, Inc., San Diego, Calif. Founded by Alison Gianotto, Grokability provides SaaS solutions for small businesses, including the open source project “Snipe-IT.”
- Hacker House, Los Angeles, Calif. Founded by Jennifer Arcuri, Hacker House is a global portal for skills training, security services, cyber arms, and defense products. Hacker House is made up of a team of computer hackers seeking innovation within the information security industry.
- Hetherington Group, Wanaque, N.J. Founded by Cynthia Hetherington, a subject matter expert and OSINT instructor at the National Security Agency’s Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO) and Cyber Defense (CAE-CD), Hetherington Group is a consulting, publishing, and training firm that leads in due diligence, corporate intelligence, and cyber investigations by keeping pace with the latest security threats and assessments.
- Human Element IT PTY LTD, Melbourne, VIC, Australia. Founded by Carole Champion, Human Element IT is an IT company with a focus on cybersecurity and cyber awareness training.
- IndusFace, India & U.S. Co-founded by Nandini Tandon, IndusFace is an application security leader protecting 1100+ global customers in 30+ countries with a unique Total Application Security platform that detects, protects, and monitors applications.
- KeyCaliber, Washington, D.C. Founded by Roselle Safran, KeyCaliber enables cybersecurity executives to make data-driven strategic decisions so that they can better allocate resources, devise roadmaps, and articulate the value of their cybersecurity program.
- KeyData, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Founded by Rosa Caputo, KeyData offers risk-based framework and unique methodology, along with in-depth expertise and experience in the areas of IAM, CIAM, PAM and compliance frameworks, which enables business transformation through industry-leading consulting and system integration services.
- Laetare Cybersecurity, LLC, Catonsville, Md. Founded by Diane Groth, Laetare Cybersecurity is a sole proprietorship cybersecurity firm that specializes in security, privacy, and IoT.
- Lambert & Associates, LLC, International. Co-founded by Sandy Lambert, Lambert & Associates is an InfoSec consulting company that provides security incident response development, business continuity/disaster recovery planning, privacy legislation compliance audit, security review, network security analysis, security architecture design, policy/procedure development, and cryptographic design.
- LAWtrust, Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa. Co-founded by Christi Maherry, LAWtrust is a specialist security solutions provider that builds trust in information systems through establishing authenticity, accountability and privacy in data messages. LAWtrust operates the only WebTrust certified trust centre in Africa, is included in both the Adobe and Microsoft Trust Lists as a Trusted Root Certificate Authority and was the first accredited authentication service provider under the ECT Act to provide advanced electronic signatures.
- Living Security, Austin Texas. Co-founded by Ashley Rose, Living Security reduces the #1 cybersecurity risk for enterprises, human error, through engaging and impactful security awareness training that is brought to life by innovative tech-enabled experiences. Their cybersecurity training programs use science-based techniques including immersive learning and gamification to energize employees and motivate behavior change.
- LMG Security, Missoula, Mont. Founded by Sherri Davidoff, LMG Security is a nationally recognized cybersecurity consulting firm with clients around the world. The company specializes in penetration testing, compliance, digital forensics, and training.
- Luta Security, Kirkland, Wash. Founded by Katie Moussouris, a noted authority on vulnerability disclosure and bug bounties, Luta Security specializes in helping businesses and governments work with hackers to better defend themselves from digital attacks.
- Mercom, Pawleys Island, S.C. A women-owned company that provides cybersecurity solutions focusing on visibility, policy enforcement, and automation.
- MindPoint Group, Alexandria, Va. Co-founded by Patti Chanthaphone, MindPoint Group offers clients a broad perspective on today’s security challenges and early insights into tomorrow’s threats, then engineers innovative cybersecurity solutions to meet these trials.
- MKACyber, Fairfax, Va. Founded by Mischel Kwon, MKACyber is a security consulting firm that helps customers address security operations challenges by performing security operations center (SOC) assessments, SOC builds and rebuilds. They also provide a Managed Security Operations Service (MSSP).
- Necunos, Helsinki, Southern Finland. Founded by Tanja Drca, Necunos is a company built around the idea of providing security, privacy and freedom to the current mobile world.
- Nova Leah, Dundalk, Co Louth, Ireland. Founded by Anita Finnegan, Nova Leah works to enhance the security assurance of medical devices through knowledge development, sharing and collaboration. Their platform, SelectEvidence, allows stakeholders to implement cybersecurity requirements for their devices using a proven standardized and collaborative framework.
- Paraben Corporation, Leesburg, Va. Founded by Amber Shroader, Paraben provides data intelligence with digital forensics, smartphone forensics, IoT forensics, and security.
- Parameter Security, St. Louis, Mo. Co-founded by Renee Chronister, Parameter Security is an ethical hacking firm, a Hacker University, and an accredited training center dedicated to IT professionals.
- Patientory, Atlanta, Ga. Founded by Chrissa McFarlane, Patientory provides dApp blockchain solutions for healthcare for secure storage and management of health information in real time.
- PreVeil, Boston, Mass. Co-founded by Raluca Ada Popa, PreVeil is a cybersecurity company, born out of research at MIT, that provides end-to-end encryption that people can actually use for email, files, and more.
- RB Advisory LLC, Orlando, Fla. Founded by Regine Bonneau, RB Advisory provides risk assessments, compliance services, forensic audits and privacy issues consultation. RB Advisory specializes in small to medium businesses in healthcare, banking, finance, energy, and government sectors.
- Red Goat Cyber Security LLP, Bristol, England. Founded by Lisa Forte, Red Goat Cyber Security specializes in social engineering and intelligence gathering to provide social engineering training, cyber attack wargaming, social engineering and red team testing, and intelligence gathering.
- ReynCon, LLC, Columbus, Ohio. Founded by Connie Matthews Reynolds, ReynCon brings together security practitioners and individuals who want to build their skills, whether new to the field, building skills for growth or a more cross-functional skill-set.
- ScySec, Brandon, Fla. Founded by Felice Flake, ScySec specializes in vulnerability assessments, business continuity planning, disaster response planning, risk assessments, comprehensive cyber hygiene assessment, Security-as-a-Service, and third-party risk management.
- Secliance LLC, Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded by Stella Bridges, Secliance is a management consulting company providing cybersecurity, risk management, privacy and compliance services.
- SecReliant, New York, N.Y. Co-founded by Monica Pearson, SecReliant strives to protect the intellectual property and data of its clients by reducing the security exposure footprint and minimizing economic risk. They offer solutions tailored to meet client needs.
- Secure Networkers, The Woodlands, Texas. Secure Networkers provides network design, security, backup, and data recovery services to customers, along with dedicated service and support to businesses with operations that span from small to enterprise.
- SecureStrux, LLC, Arlington, Va. Co-owned by Sienna Crawford, SecureStrux is a cybersecurity firm focused on compliance, vulnerability management, computer network defense, and cybersecurity strategies.
- SecuriThink, N.Y. & Minn. Founded by Linda Rust, SecuriThink is an information security specialist that works with organizations that are ready to build InfoSec into their culture.
- Sentigy, Inc., Houston, Texas. Founded by Cindy Boyd, Sentigy provides professional services in cybersecurity on a project basis and helps organizations increase their cyber resilience.
- Sentar, Huntsville, Ala. Founded in 1990, Sentar is a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) providing advanced Intel and cybersecurity services and products.
- Shevirah, Herndon, Va. Founded by Georgia Weidman, Shevirah is a mobile penetration testing firm that specializes in products for automated mobile and IoT device vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and mobile security awareness training.
- Sibertor Forensics, Alexandria, Va. Founded by Alissa Torres, Sibertor Forensics is a digital forensic service company specializing in incident response support, incident response policy development and team mentoring, intrusion investigations, data recovery, employee investigations and expert witness testimony.
- Sightline Security, Boston, Mass. Founded by Dr. Kelley Misata, Sightline Security uses the nexus of three strategic principles (assessment, planning, and community) to help non-profit organizations to identify, measure, prioritize, and improve information security practices and policies.
- SigniFlow Americas, Concord, N.H. Founded by Laila Robak, SigniFlow Americas provides IT services with the goal of increasing digital security for the Internet of Things and assists top innovative digital security providers.
- SPHERE Technology Solutions, Hoboken, N.J. Founded by Rita Gurevich, SPHERE puts controls in place to secure sensitive data, create the right governance processes for systems and assets, and make sure companies are compliant with regulations.
- STASH – Datacentric Security, New York, N.Y. Founded by Janine Darling, STASH provides a solution to data vulnerability and exploitation developed by a team of cyber experts and thought leaders with decades at the very front line of security technology.
- Stealth-ISS Group Inc., Huntsville, Ala. Stealth-ISS focuses on extended IT, cybersecurity, risk and compliance and provides strategic guidance, engineering and audit services, along with technical remediation and security operations.
- Strategic Cyber Partners, Hampton Roads, Va. Founded by Heather Engel, Strategic Cyber Partners provides overall security management and program development. Services cover compliance and audit preparation, privacy issues, training, policy templates, cyber insurance, and governance, risk management and compliance (GRC).
- Tapestry Technologies, Chambersburg, Pa. The basic foundation of Tapestry Technologies is built on its cyber defense capabilities. Tapestry personnel have provided support to key cyber programs that have evolved how the DoD handles security.
- TalaTek LLC, Oakton, Va. Founded by Baan Alsinawi, TalaTek provides specialized services in risk management, security and compliance.
- Tanager, Annapolis Junction, Md. Tanager is a team of highly skilled specialists who excel in achieving a mission with the goal of engineering and maintaining secure infrastructures while providing ongoing and reliable support to customers.
- TechGuard Security, Chesterfield, Mo. Co-founded by Andrea Johnson, TechGuard Security strives to address national cyber defense initiatives and U.S. critical infrastructure security. Offices in Scott Air Force Base, Illinois; Catonsville, Md.; and Midwest City, Ok.
- TechJutsu Inc., Canada. Founded by Tracey Nyholt, TechJutsu offers Identity and Access Management advisory services and implementation services.
- Th4ts3cur1ty.company, London, UK. Co-founded by Eliza May Austin, Th4ts3cur1ty.company provides two services – Threat-Based Purple Teaming and SOC Creation.
- Tiffin Cyber, Carlisle, Mass. Co-founded by Carole Ackerman and Susan Whittemore, Tiffin Cyber serves small to midsize businesses with cybersecurity programs, best practices and ongoing oversight.
- Towerwall, Framingham, Mass. Co-founded by Michelle Drolet in 1993, Towerwall offers a wide range of information, network & data security & policy management products & services.
- TREADA Technology Group, Vienna, Va. Co-founded by Laura Owens, TREADA is an IT solutions company that provides cybersecurity, systems and software engineering and research and development capabilities to commercial clients and the federal government.
- Truth ISC Technology and Security Consultants, London, UK. Founded by Sema Yuce, Truth ISC specializes in Information Security, Data Protection, IT Strategy & Governance, Risk and Compliance Consultancy and Programme & Project Management.
- UpGuard, Mountain View, Calif. Founded by Natalie Diggins, UpGuard offers a full suite of products for security, risk, and vendor management teams to help protect data and prevent breaches.
- Vigilance Security, New York City, N.Y. Founded by Moriah Hara, Vigilance Security provides information security advisory and compliance consulting for Global 2000 organizations.
- VXIntel, Ontario, Canada. Founded by Barbara van Gils, VXIntel provides malware researchers with large volume, high-quality malicious data feeds for R & D, product enrichment, and anti-malware research.
- W Risk Group LLC, Denver, Colo. Founded by Karen Worstell, W Risk Group offers consulting to help companies “demonstrate due diligence to a defensible standard of care” for data protection.
- WorkWies Technologies, Charleston, S.C. Co-founded by Anne Marie Wiesman, WorkWies is an IT solutions company specializing in cybersecurity and offering managed IT services, IT security management, cyber risk management, cybersecurity consulting, cybersecurity training, and compliance management.
- Xtreme Solutions, Inc., Atlanta, Ga. Co-founded by Phyllis Newhouse, Xtreme Solutions specializes in providing information technology, cybersecurity, and telecommunications services and solutions as a government and commercial contractor.
- Yubico, Palo Alto, Calif. Founded in Sweden by Stina Ehrensvard and with teams in seven countries, Yubico delivers strong hardware protection, with a simple touch, across any number of IT systems and online services through their core invention, the YubiKey.
- ZETAlytics, East Greenwich, R.I. Founded by April Lorenzen, ZETAlytics is a cybersecurity company that focuses on the critical layer of network security to serve the enterprise, government, law enforcement, and security industries.
Are you a women-owned company, or do you know of one that should be listed here? Contact us.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.
– Bethany Littman, summer intern at Cybersecurity Ventures, assisted with the compilation of women-owned cybersecurity companies.