21 Jul List of Women Owned Cybersecurity Companies In The U.S. And Internationally
A special directory compiled by the editors at Cybercrime Magazine
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Sausalito, Calif. – Jul. 21, 2018
Cybercrime Magazine is excited to bring our readers a list of women-owned cybersecurity companies in the U.S. and internationally.
Like many of our lists, this one is small and will quickly become much larger.
Our managing editor, Di Freeze, is leading our research and compilation on this project. She’s going through hundreds of cybersecurity companies right now — and vetting them by confirming (to the best of her ability) that they are in fact women-owned.
Here are some companies to get started with … and we’ll be posting many more in the coming weeks — so keep an eye on this valuable list.
- Agil3 Technology Solutions, Falls Church, Va. Founded in 2012. Experience in federal government service, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM), and Cybersecurity expertise.
- ALL N ONE Security Services, Atlanta, Ga. Founded by Mary Parker, ALL N ONE provides security turnkey solutions including security technology, security personnel, and traffic control services to private, corporate, and government entities.
- Boecore, Colorado Springs, Colo. Woman-owned aerospace and defense engineering company specializing in cybersecurity, software solutions, system engineering, enterprise networks and mission operations.
- Bulb Security, Herndon, Va. A cybersecurity research, training, and testing firm providing services stemming from Founder Georgia Weidman’s work in penetration testing.
- BWM Outcomes, Haymarket, Va. Founded by Jacqueline Bahe, BWM’s services include full spectrum cyber operations, intelligence support activities, training and evaluation, and program management and support. Clients include government, law enforcement, and business enterprises.
- Centerpoint, Leesburg, Va. Founded as a cybersecurity firm by a team of technologists and entrepreneurs averaging over 25 years of experience in federal information technology, their focus is supporting clients’ mission in defense, intelligence, and civilian agencies.
- Cinteot, Chambersburg, Pa. A small IT services company that specializes in cybersecurity, big data/databases, software development, systems testing and STIG compliance training.
- CKSS, Elkridge, Md. Security service provider specializing in consulting services, IT audits and managed services. Cyber solutions across federal, commercial, education, state and local government agencies.
- Fortalice Solutions, Charlotte, N.C. Brings together the sharpest minds in cybersecurity to protect people, business and nations from the world’s most sophisticated adversaries.
- FutureCon Events, St. Louis, Mo. FutureCon produces high-level events aimed for senior-level professionals working in the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry.
- Geek Girl Tech, Alameda, Calif. Provides IT and information security solutions, while creating opportunities for women and other underrepresented people in tech and non-technical roles.
- KATZCY, Reston, Va. An expert team of growth hackers for technology and cybersecurity businesses. Founded by Jessica Gulick, the company provides growth consulting and digital marketing support aligned to sales and product goals.
- Laetare Cybersecurity, LLC, Catonsville, Md. Woman-owned, sole proprietorship, cybersecurity firm, based in Maryland — fifteen minutes from downtown Baltimore City. Security, Privacy, Internet-Of-Things (IoT).
- Luta Security, Kirkland, Wash. Founded by Katie Moussouris, a noted authority on vulnerability disclosure and bug bounties, Luta Security specialize in helping businesses and governments work with hackers to better defend themselves from digital attacks.
- Mercom, Pawleys Island, S.C., Regional office in the D.C. Metro Area. Cybersecurity solutions focusing on Visibility, Policy Enforcement, and Automation.
- MindPoint Group, Alexandria, Va. Established by a group of experienced government consultants, MindPoint Group offers clients a broad perspective on today’s security challenges and early insights into tomorrow’s threats, then engineers innovative cybersecurity solutions to meet these trials.
- MKACyber, Fairfax, Va. Founded in 2010 by Mischel Kwon, this security consulting firm helps customers address security operations challenges by performing security operations center (SOC) assessments, SOC builds and rebuilds. They also provide a Managed Security Operations Service (MSSP).
- Paraben Corporation, Leesburg, Va. Paraben provides data intelligence with digital forensics, smartphone forensics, IoT forensics, and security. Founded by Amber Schroader.
- Patientory, Atlanta, Ga. Founded by Chrissa McFarlane. Provides dApp blockchain solutions for healthcare for secure storage and management of health information in real time.
- Rosint, Washington, D.C. Founded by Roselle Safran, Rosint offers consulting services that cover the spectrum of operational and strategic needs for organizations in every stage of development of their cybersecurity programs.
- ScySec, Tampa, Fla. Specializes in vulnerability assessments, business continuity planning, disaster response planning, risk assessments, comprehensive cyber hygiene assessment, Security-as-a-Service, and third-party risk management.
- SecureStrux, LLC, Arlington, Va. Women-owned small business (WOSB) cybersecurity firm focused on compliance, vulnerability management, computer network defense, and cybersecurity strategies.
- Sentar, Huntsville, Ala. Founded in 1990, Sentar is a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) providing advanced Intel and cybersecurity services and products.
- Shevirah, Herndon, Va. Founded in 2015 by Georgia Weidman, this mobile penetration testing firm specializes in products for automated mobile and IoT device vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and mobile security awareness training.
- SPHERE Technology Solutions, Hoboken, N.J. Founded by Rita Gurevich, SPHERE puts controls in place to secure sensitive data, create the right governance processes for systems and assets, and make sure companies are compliant with regulations.
- TalaTek, Oakton, Va. Founded in 2006 by Baan Alsinawi, TalaTek provides specialized services in risk management, security and compliance.
- Tanager, Annapolis Junction, Md. Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) serving the Federal Government, Intelligence Agencies and the DoD, F500, and small to mid-sized companies. 21 years in business.
- TechGuard Security, Chesterfield, Mo. Offices in Scott Air Force Base, Illinois; Catonsville, Md.; and Midwest City, Ok. Founded to address national cyber defense initiatives and US critical infrastructure security.
- TREADA Technology Group, Vienna, Va. This IT solutions company provides cybersecurity, systems and software engineering and research and development capabilities to commercial clients and the federal government.
- W Risk Group LLC, Denver, Colo. Founded by Karen Worstell, W Risk Group offers consulting to help companies “demonstrate due diligence to a defensible standard of care” for data protection.
- WorkWies Technologies, Mt. Pleasant, S.C. An IT solutions company specializing in cybersecurity and offering managed IT services, IT security management, cyber risk management, cybersecurity consulting, cybersecurity training, and compliance management.
- Xtreme Solutions, Inc., Atlanta, Ga. Specializes in providing information technology, cybersecurity, and telecommunications services and solutions as a government and commercial contractor. Co-founded by Phyllis Newhouse, who serves as CEO.
- Yubico, Palo Alto, Calif. Founded in Sweden by Stina Ehrensvard and with teams in seven countries, Yubico delivers strong hardware protection, with a simple touch, across any number of IT systems and online services through their core invention, the YubiKey.
Are you a women-owned company, or do you know of one that should be listed here? Contact us.
Looking for women in cybersecurity? Look no further. Cybercrime Magazine is compiling the world’s largest list of women in cyber.
Stay tuned for more women-owned cybersecurity companies!
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.