27 Jun Daily Rundown: 58 Women In Cyber, F500 Cyber Protection, FireEye Denies ‘Hacking Back’
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Jun. 27, 2018
TODAY IN CYBER
The cybercrime stories we’re following, and you should too:
- FireEye denies allegations of ‘hacking back’ by author of new cyber book.
- Are U.S. power grids at risk of more aggressive cyber attacks?
- Western Governors University supports military and veteran families in getting a Cyber Security degree.
- Fortune 500 companies funnel resources into cyber protection as cyberattack threats increase.
- Australia at the forefront of cybersecurity R&D and resilience.
- In the UK – Cyber Skills Immediate Impact Fund (CSIIF) backs Cyber Ready retraining program in an initiative to increase employees in the cybersecurity sector.
- The threat is real for the financial system – IMF warns banks could lose half their profits from a cyber attack.
- U.S. Justice Department arrests eight people in connection to an Africa-based cyber conspiracy.
- 58 Women In Cybersecurity To Follow On Twitter, And More Names On The Way
- Nominee to lead new energy cybersecurity office pledges to push the administration on cyber strategies and leadership.
Cybersecurity Training Expert Rahul Tyagi discusses Underground Cyber Crimes in 2017 – the deep web and cyber espionage:
Follow the companies that support our Daily Rundown:
- Digital Defense — Trusted provider of security risk assessment solutions, protecting billions of dollars in assets for clients around the globe.
- EKRAN — Monitor, detect, and analyze user based insider threats. User monitoring software for your servers and workstations.
- Agari — Eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
- Secure Anchor — High-touch cybersecurity services that help organizations prevent breaches, detect network intrusions, and respond to advanced threats.
- CyberSN.com — Dramatically decrease the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching for Cyber Security Professionals.
- MetaCompliance — GDPR for Dummies. Download your free PDF to help with your internal GDPR training.
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Extraordinarily high value domain name is listed for sale by owner:
Cyberwarfare.com — The top exact-match category defining word pure .com domain name for your company, website, or media property. Background info on this domain name. Serious inquiries only.
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Daily Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.