30 Aug Weekly Rundown: T-Mobile Hacked, Cybercrime Podcasts, No More Passwords?
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Aug. 30, 2018
- T-Mobile hacked – personal data of 2.3 million customers exposed.
- Iranian hackers target universities in global cyberattack campaign.
- U.K. government to build cyber centre in Kenya amid rising number of abuse cases faced by local authorities.
- Passwordless authentication – could this be the answer to better security?
- California works to create an Office of Elections Cybersecurity to combat voter tampering.
- Bank of Spain’s website hit by cyberattack.
- Cybercriminals move towards more covert methods of attack to improve infection rates.
- Germany funds cybersecurity research to end reliance on U.S. technologies.
- How gaming prepares the next generation of the cybersecurity workforce.
- Top 11 Cybersecurity Podcasts selected by the author of Hacked Again.
Ransomware damages are expected to cost the world $11.5 billion annually by 2019, up from $325 million in 2015.
Follow the companies that support our Weekly Rundown:
- Digital Defense — Trusted provider of security risk assessment solutions, protecting billions of dollars in assets for clients around the globe.
- EKRAN — Monitor, detect, and analyze user based insider threats. User monitoring software for your servers and workstations.
- Agari — Eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
- Secure Anchor — High-touch cybersecurity services that help organizations prevent breaches, detect network intrusions, and respond to advanced threats.
- CyberSN.com — Dramatically decrease the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching for Cyber Security Professionals.
- MetaCompliance — GDPR for Dummies. Download your free PDF to help with your internal GDPR training.
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Extraordinarily high value domain name is listed for sale by owner:
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Weekly Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.