19 Jul Weekly Rundown: Girl Scouts In Cyber, N.Y. Election Security, Email Threat Isolation
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Jul. 19, 2018
- Girl Scouts of the USA release 30 new STEM related badges — including programming and cybersecurity.
- U.S. National Intelligence Chief states U.S. is at a dangerously high risk of cyberattacks — finds warning signs just as serious as before 9 /11.
- New York aims to strengthen election cybersecurity with $5 million budget.
- Google gets hit with near $5 billion fine by European Commission over Android operating system.
- Pentagon warns companies to strengthen their network protection or risk losing government contracts.
- Aircraft industry holds cybersecurity as a top priority — it even brings rival companies into collaboration.
- Deloitte launches EMEA Women in Cyber initiative encouraging women to join the cybersecurity industry.
- Symantec releases new technology “Email Threat Isolation” to protect devices against cyberattacks.
- Australia’s controversial “My Health Record” — the pros, the cons and the safeguards.
- Cybersecurity Ventures’ list of Women in Cybersecurity to Follow on Twitter reaches 345 names — with many more to come.
Tech expert Bryan Smith speaks on Twitter’s ban and suspension of accounts, influencer marketing and the “role of bots.”
Follow the companies that support our Weekly Rundown:
- Digital Defense — Trusted provider of security risk assessment solutions, protecting billions of dollars in assets for clients around the globe.
- EKRAN — Monitor, detect, and analyze user based insider threats. User monitoring software for your servers and workstations.
- Agari — Eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
- Secure Anchor — High-touch cybersecurity services that help organizations prevent breaches, detect network intrusions, and respond to advanced threats.
- CyberSN.com — Dramatically decrease the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching for Cyber Security Professionals.
- MetaCompliance — GDPR for Dummies. Download your free PDF to help with your internal GDPR training.
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Extraordinarily high value domain name is listed for sale by owner:
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Weekly Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.