29 Jun Daily Rundown: Recruiting Video Gamers, Ticketmaster Hacked, Akamai Goes Cyber
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Jun. 29, 2018
TODAY IN CYBER
The cybercrime stories we’re following, and you should too:
- How video gamers can benefit the cyber industry — and why organizations should appeal to them.
- Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) struggles with extremely low participation from the private sector.
- Bank of England will begin putting financial services companies in U.K. through cyber stress tests in 2019.
- Forty high schools in San Diego participate in “cyber boot camp.”
- Ticketmaster endures cyberattack — data of 40,000 U.K. customers may have been exposed.
- New directory of cybersecurity incubators in the U.S. and internationally.
- BAE research shows skills gap is the leading risk for organizations — over 1,200 businesses doing nothing with cyber alerts.
- Cybersecurity is Akamai Technologies’ fastest growing business — CEO Dr. Tom Leighton.
- 10 EU nations expected to sign declaration to form Cyber Rapid Response Teams (CRRTs) by end of year.
- Juniper: Enterprises faced with growing cybersecurity workforce shortage.
2018 National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (NCCDC): college students compete to show off their cyber skills and get ready for real world cyber threats:
Follow the companies that support our Daily Rundown:
- Digital Defense — Trusted provider of security risk assessment solutions, protecting billions of dollars in assets for clients around the globe.
- EKRAN — Monitor, detect, and analyze user based insider threats. User monitoring software for your servers and workstations.
- Agari — Eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
- Secure Anchor — High-touch cybersecurity services that help organizations prevent breaches, detect network intrusions, and respond to advanced threats.
- CyberSN.com — Dramatically decrease the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching for Cyber Security Professionals.
- MetaCompliance — GDPR for Dummies. Download your free PDF to help with your internal GDPR training.
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Extraordinarily high value domain name is listed for sale by owner:
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Daily Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.