09 Aug Weekly Rundown: Ransomware Shuts Down Factory, Black Hat Trends, Girl Scouts on Cyber
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Aug. 9, 2018
- Cisco acquires Duo Security for $2.35 billion to advance their cloud computing operations.
- New BlackBerry Workspaces platform features ransomware recovery capability that can help businesses more quickly recover from an attack.
- Ransomware attack on iPhone chip manufacturer causes factory shut down.
- Security bugs put health records of 100 million patients at risk.
- Why the U.S. should shift focus from cyber espionage to cybercrime.
- What ransomware really costs — all expenses included.
- Rapid7 penetration testing finds numerous software flaws in companies — in 84 percent of tests, pen testers exploited at least one vulnerability.
- Job skills of the future that AI’s and robots can’t do better than humans.
- Three security trends to watch for at Black Hat 2018.
- Dark web is 5,000 times larger than the surface web, and growing at a rate that defies quantification.
Watch the Girl Scouts of the USA teach us a thing or two about cybersecurity.
Follow the companies that support our Weekly Rundown:
- Digital Defense — Trusted provider of security risk assessment solutions, protecting billions of dollars in assets for clients around the globe.
- EKRAN — Monitor, detect, and analyze user based insider threats. User monitoring software for your servers and workstations.
- Agari — Eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
- Secure Anchor — High-touch cybersecurity services that help organizations prevent breaches, detect network intrusions, and respond to advanced threats.
- CyberSN.com — Dramatically decrease the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching for Cyber Security Professionals.
- MetaCompliance — GDPR for Dummies. Download your free PDF to help with your internal GDPR training.
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Extraordinarily high value domain name is listed for sale by owner:
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Weekly Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.