12 Jul Weekly Rundown: Macy’s Breach, AT&T Acquiring AlienVault, USAF Docs On Dark Web
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Jul. 12, 2018
- Supreme Court candidates’ positions on cyber issues — where Trump nominee Brett Kavanaugh stands.
- Macy’s announces breach over 2-month span — customer data exposed.
- AT&T will acquire cybersecurity company AlienVault by the end of 2018.
- Marathon gas station in Detroit hacked — $1,800 in gas stolen over 90-minute period.
- Ex-Apple employee arrested — charged by FBI with stealing information related to Apple’s autonomous car research.
- Medical Device Security is increasing concern for organizations as more equipment becomes connected to the internet.
- Worst cybersecurity breaches from the first 6 months of 2018.
- Israel looks for global cybersecurity collaboration to develop state-level cyber shields and combat cyberattacks.
- Acquisitions and mergers increase risk of security breaches — here’s how to avoid cyberattacks during the process.
- U.S. Air Force top secret documents stolen and put on the dark web for sale.
- Two grim reports have been released about cyber fraud that should worry any CEO — and they both have to do with phishing emails.
Kevin Mitnick demonstrates some of the dangers of public wireless to steal sensitive information or put viruses on your device:
Follow the companies that support our Weekly Rundown:
- Digital Defense — Trusted provider of security risk assessment solutions, protecting billions of dollars in assets for clients around the globe.
- EKRAN — Monitor, detect, and analyze user based insider threats. User monitoring software for your servers and workstations.
- Agari — Eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
- Secure Anchor — High-touch cybersecurity services that help organizations prevent breaches, detect network intrusions, and respond to advanced threats.
- CyberSN.com — Dramatically decrease the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching for Cyber Security Professionals.
- MetaCompliance — GDPR for Dummies. Download your free PDF to help with your internal GDPR training.
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Extraordinarily high value domain name is listed for sale by owner:
Cyberwarfare.com — The top exact-match category defining word pure .com domain name for your company, website, or media property. Background info on this domain name. Serious inquiries only.
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Weekly Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.