26 Jul Weekly Rundown: Hiring Cyber Women, 100 Automakers Hacked, 4 Security Stock Picks
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Jul. 26, 2018
- 6 Tips for Recruiting and Retaining Women in Cybersecurity.
- Singapore major healthcare group ‘SingHealth’ hacked – 1.5 million patient health records compromised.
- Defense policy bill includes the nation’s first cyberwarfare policy and pushes U.S. to take an aggressive stance on cyber.
- Sensitive documents from 100+ car manufacturing companies exposed after data breach – including GM, Tesla, Ford, and Toyota.
- Study finds that most U.S. adults have minimal knowledge of the cybersecurity industry.
- Bluetooth flaw could allow an attacker within 30 meters to steal data from a Bluetooth paired device.
- A look at 10 cybersecurity issues the new Federal CISO should focus on.
- UK Ministry of Defense is using video gamers to combat cyberattacks.
- Forbes on 4 stocks to look at in the booming cybersecurity market.
- Ranking of the top 10 U.S. states for cybersecurity jobs.
A Pentagon cybersecurity expert on how U.S. could respond to a North Korean cyber attack:
Follow the companies that support our Weekly Rundown:
- Digital Defense — Trusted provider of security risk assessment solutions, protecting billions of dollars in assets for clients around the globe.
- EKRAN — Monitor, detect, and analyze user based insider threats. User monitoring software for your servers and workstations.
- Agari — Eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
- Secure Anchor — High-touch cybersecurity services that help organizations prevent breaches, detect network intrusions, and respond to advanced threats.
- CyberSN.com — Dramatically decrease the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching for Cyber Security Professionals.
- MetaCompliance — GDPR for Dummies. Download your free PDF to help with your internal GDPR training.
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Extraordinarily high value domain name is listed for sale by owner:
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Weekly Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.