28 Jun Daily Rundown: Ransomware Rising, Preventing Healthcare Cyberattacks, Tourism Hacked
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Jun. 28, 2018
TODAY IN CYBER
The cybercrime stories we’re following, and you should too:
- Ukraine Cyber Police Chief says Russian hackers are escalating attacks – Ukraine anticipating a “massive strike.”
- WiSpear selling $5 million surveillance car that can allegedly hack into iPhones and Androids within 500 meters.
- Cybercriminals taking advantage of tourism industry – DDoS attacks up 16 percent.
- Government funded London cyber innovation center opens – hopes of boosting UK cyber innovation.
- Effective incident response plans are crucial – 10 steps to a plan that works.
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies on Russia’s approach to cyber-enabled economic warfare.
- Rain Capital launch – first women-led cybersecurity venture capital firm.
- Employee negligence poses biggest cybersecurity threat to U.S. businesses – here’s why.
- WiFi alliance launches new security protocol WPA3 to make user networks safer.
- Tips on preventing cybersecurity attacks in the healthcare industry – it all starts with educating users.
Ransomware damage predictions by Cybersecurity Ventures – damages will cost the world more than $8 billion in 2018:
Follow the companies that support our Daily Rundown:
- Digital Defense — Trusted provider of security risk assessment solutions, protecting billions of dollars in assets for clients around the globe.
- EKRAN — Monitor, detect, and analyze user based insider threats. User monitoring software for your servers and workstations.
- Agari — Eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
- Secure Anchor — High-touch cybersecurity services that help organizations prevent breaches, detect network intrusions, and respond to advanced threats.
- CyberSN.com — Dramatically decrease the frustration, time and cost associated with job searching for Cyber Security Professionals.
- MetaCompliance — GDPR for Dummies. Download your free PDF to help with your internal GDPR training.
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Extraordinarily high value domain name is listed for sale by owner:
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Daily Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.