25 Jun Daily Rundown: Ransomware Hits U.S., Cryptojacking Surges, A Cyberattack Of Mass Destruction?
News and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity
– Kerry Morgan, Cybercrime Reporter
Northport, N.Y. — Jun. 25, 2018
TODAY IN CYBER
The cybercrime stories we’re following, and you should too:
- White House appoints new chief to controversial and secretive cyber-weapons group.
- Ransomware is freezing up computers and asking for money in towns across the U.S.
- 93 percent of Infosecurity Europe survey respondents expect an increase in cyberattacks led by state-sponsored actors.
- Aerospace company Lockheed Martin will open Cyber Solutions operations facility in San Antonio, bringing in 100 new jobs.
- FBI spokesperson warns about the skyrocketing numbers of cyberattacks using ransomware.
- Blackberry cybersecurity technology expands – new partnership with British mobile phone and consumer electronics creator Bullitt Group.
- Cybersecurity refresher – and what GDPR means for you.
- Cyber experts believe it’s only a matter of time before a cyberattack of mass destruction hits.
- Cryptojacking is now the fastest growing cybercrime — here’s how to avoid being a victim.
- The new Georgia Cyber Center will open July 10 in Augusta, Ga., where major R&D will take place.
Cybercrime Magazine’s new 60-second video, filmed at Cybercrime Studios in Northport, N.Y.:
Community resources to keep you on the cutting edge of cyber:
- Top cybersecurity news sites for breaking stories and the latest threat alerts
- Quarterly cybercrime diary of data breaches and cyberattacks
- Hack blotter with cybercriminal Investigations, arrests and convictions
- 20 cybersecurity experts to follow on Twitter for crowd-sourced opinions and insights
- Cybersecurity events calendar featuring conferences and expos globally
- Big list of hacker and cybersecurity movies from 1969 to present
- Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies
- Cyberwarfare report contains a dateline of U.S. and international cyber conflicts
- List of cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions (M&A) every quarter
- VC report covers venture capital and corporate investments into cybersecurity companies
Check back each business day for a new edition of the Daily Rundown!
– Kerry Morgan is a Cybercrime Reporter for Cybercrime Magazine.