08 Aug 553 Women In Cybersecurity To Follow On Twitter, More Names Pouring In
Cybercrime Magazine is compiling the world’s largest list of its kind
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Sausalito, Calif. – Aug. 8, 2018
Cybercrime Magazine is compiling the world’s largest list of women in the cybersecurity field. The tally was up to 494 last week — and we’ve got another 59 this week, for a total of 553 to date.
The compilation started on Jun. 26 with an inaugural list of 58 women in cybersecurity to follow on Twitter — including CISOs, IT security pros, cybersecurity company founders and CEOs, entrepreneurs, community organizers, investors, government workers, journalists, and more.
Looking for more women in cybersecurity? Look no further. This week’s list:
59 WOMEN IN CYBER
- Jamesha “Jam” Fisher 🏳️🌈 🎶 @jamfish728 Your typical geek/nerd/drag king/songwriter, who dreams in Hex but likes people. Security/Ops. All tweets are my own. They/Them. Home of #jamplays. Twin Cities, MN
- Leigh Honeywell (not in Vegas 🙅♀️ 🎲) @hypatiadotca Founder and CEO of @tallpoppyio. Alumna of @ACLU, @SlackHQ, @msftsecresponse. Canadian in Silly Valley. http://pronoun.is/she . San Francisco, CA
- Ruthe Farmer @ruthef Evangelist @csforall #CSforALL, fmr @whitehouseOSTP, @ncwit, built @ncwitaic @TECHNOLOchicas, #AspireIT, Advise @SciGirls @GirlScouts @STEMNext @ProjectCSGirls. Boulder, CO
- Maranda Cigna @MarandaCigna Fluent in snark, memes, and snarky memes. Marketing @Rapid7. Boston, MA
- JaMeganMeCrzy @JaMeganMeCrzy #InfoSec, #DFIR, Kickstarter Backer Hobbyist, Learning How to Bass, #Anime Fan, #Comics Noob, Instagram: @JaMeganMeCrzy. Ask Carmen Sandiego.
- Rayna @MaliciaRogue Lady Data Security. Award-winning writer #Crisis/#risk mgment #OSINT #Infosec columnist @ZDNetfr Curator @desidedata #Maker, polylingual bookworm. GPG: DF23C104. Here and there
- DocM @Vamegabyte Mom/Adventurer/traveler/teacher in life and cyberspace. Cybersecurity professional. BtVS occasionally referenced. My own thoughts represented here. Virginia, USA
- Emz @0ctavia4nX Cyber Security Analyst. Mobile Forensics Analyst. Grad Student. New Yorker in Jersey
- ⱣȺŧħ @CyberPathogens A cephalopod lurking in your cybers ¤ Infosec ¤ Lock Sport ¤ Research ¤ Malware Padawan ¤ Hacker of Stitches ¤ INFP ¤ HumanZoo Native ¤ Sh!tposting goddess. the wires
- Tawnie @Tawnie Female, Geek, InfoSec, Locksport Fan. Not a thought leader. I’m always listening & learning. Tweets are my own. DMs are always open. Tawnie@protonmail.ch. North
- Cybernaut Ⓐ @Miss_Cybernaut I ♥️my computer, #infosec, cyberpunk, research & art. Tweets in English and obscure European languages https://keybase.io/cybernaut Ne to levo, drugo levo. Low Orbit Ion Cannon
- Selena Templeton @SelenaTempleton Partner & Executive Editor @ITSPmagazine – At the intersection of IT security & society | #DiverseIT Podcast Host | Storyteller, Writer, Grammar Chief of Police. Los Angeles, CA
- Selen Asar @Selen__Asar Senior Marketing Professional | Crypto Enthusiast | Extensive Experience In Developing Go-To-Market Strategies #digital #blockchain #Crypto #AI #cybersecurity. Massachusetts, USA
- Sara Peters @sarapeters Senior Cybersecurity Editor for http://DarkReading.com . Featured NBA Columnist for Bleacher Report. (Follow @3fromthe7 for basketball blather.) New York, New York
- Galina Antova @GalinaAntova Co-Founder @ClarotyLtd, cybersecurity entrepreneur, World Citizen, wine lover. NYC, Tel Aviv, Toronto, planes
- Jennifer Ann @hazeleyed_jenny Director, BD & Capture @VirescitTS #CyberSec. #BusDev & #Operations. #AutismAdvocate. #Writer. #BoyMom. #WestCoasterOnTheEastCoast. Fairfax, VA
- Hanna @Hanna33831542 International PR, Media Relations & Event Manager of @remme_io Enthusiastic about #Blockchain & #Cybersecurity
- ClaireIfEye @ClaireIfEye Cyber Security | Identity Threat Intelligence | Natural Language Processing, AI | Machine Learning | Big Data | wine, humor, peace | constant state of Kaizen. San Jose, CA
- Heidi Shey @heidishey Analyst at Forrester Research for Security & Risk. Focus: data security & privacy, consumer security, breach costs. Cambridge, MA
- Wendy Knox Everette @wendyck Senior Security Advisor @LeviathanSec, @BSidesLV Lockpick 2iC. Hacker lawyer. Amzn & Google alum, USCG wife, Wellesley, GMU Law. IAAL but IANYL. PNW
- Emily Mossburg @EmilyJMossburg Leader of Secure Practice – Deloitte Advisory Cyber Risk Services, Principal, Deloitte & Touche LLP. Often quoted, never duplicated. My opinions are my own. McLean, VA
- Wendy Edwards @wayward710 Programmer interested in data science and infosec. NASA Datanaut. SANS Women’s Academy 2017. Midwesterner. Urbana, IL
- Anne Marie Wiesman @anne_wiesman Principal & CEO WorkWies Technologies an IT Solutions and Cybersecurity Firm. Specializing in IT cybersecurity consulting, risk management, testing & training. Charleston, SC
- Limor Elbaz @LimorElbaz Founder & CEO @Peerlyst. Salad master. #InfoSec Lover. Never buy water! San Francisco, CA
- Shelley Westman @SW777111 Recovering Lawyer. EY Principal in Cybersecurity. All Opinions are my own.
- Chloé Messdaghi @ChloeMessdaghi Humanitarian Advocate in the Cybersecurity Space. San Francisco Bay Area
- Natashia @ToshTheFoX BlackHat 2018/Defcon26 🙌 CS major 💻 NewbHacker ❤💾 Pres./Founder of @PalomarWICS 💜 Tres./Founder of @PalomarSwim 🏊 San Marcos, CA
- Gina Yacone @gina_yacone Director of Cybersecurity and Threat Intelligence at Braintrace | Professional Speaker | Chief Cheerleader | InfoSec Geek | (919) 999-0310. Raleigh, NC
- Leah N. Perry @l_n_perry Cyber security, programming. Interested in user-oriented tech design. Enthusiast of superheroes, D&D, scifi, design, and fashion. Supporter of AI rights.
- Joyce Hakmeh @JoyceHakmeh Research Fellow @Chathamhouse, Co-Editor @CHCyberPolicy Journal, & Advisory Board Member Global Forum on Cyber Expertise @thegfce. Tweets are mine. London, England
- Hilary Maskas @Hilary_Maskas Director of Recruiting Operations for HuntSource; we’re a Talent Solutions Firm specializing exclusively within Cyber, Info Security, and Data Intelligence. Charlotte, NC
- Kristina @chmodxx_ Mobile Application Security Engineer @Shopify by day. #Malware analyst & #infosec blogger by night. @SANS_EDU MSc. student. @McGillU CS Alumnus. Toronto, Ontario
- Aditi Chaudhry @aditichaudhry92 cyber security engineer @capitalone passionate about technology and security. @UVA #wahoowa
- CyberSquarePeg @CyberSquarePeg “Cyber Never Sleeps” All posts and comments are my own. Cyber Intel is my game! #cyberchicks #womenintech #cyberintel Los Angeles, CA
- Lara Littlefield @laralfield Coder and founder since 1999. Expert on genocide, RU-US relations, Ukraine. Tweets about startups, tech, software, growth, ethics, leadership, & natsec. Boston, MA
- Amy Knoell @Amy_CyberSN Director of Staffing at @cyber_sn and @brain_babe Ambassador. #cybersecurity #jobs #recruitment #hiring #infosec #infosecjobs #cyberjobs #atlanta. Atlanta
- Riikka Valtonen @riikkava Between media and IT. Working @CERTFI, former journalist, student @uniofjyvaskyla. #cybersec #infosec #media #IT #games #photography #culture & #equality. Helsinki
- Patricia Aas @pati_gallardo C++ Programmer & founder of @turtlesec_no (ex-@opera ex-@Cisco ex-@vivaldibrowser) Infosec. Mother. 🏳️🌈 Occasional speaker, CoC required. Pronouns: she/her. Oslo, Norge
- Caitlin Gruenberg @CaitGru32 Lead Privacy/Security Analyst @CyberGRX Denver, CO
- Ashley Taylor @Infosec_Taylor IT Security Officer. SANS Institute MSISE Student. Khalessi of Cats. Montana, USA
- Kavya Racharla @kavyaracharla InfoSec Leader; Security Researcher; Wanderlust; @JHUISI alum; Speaker
- Lsignore @cyber_misfits Mother, Wife, Disabled Veteran, Public Speaker, Philanthropist, Cybersecurity Executive, Podcast Host, Adjunct Professor, Instructor, and Blogger
- Nada Alruhaily @Nada_Alruhaily MSc in Computer Security & a PhD | Interested in Malware& RFID security | a member of @HemayaGroup, @CIAG2017 and @UoB_SecPriv | a poet. United Kingdom & Saudi Arabia
- Carrie Gelser @EY_TA_CarrieG Connecting talent to opportunities in Cyber Security & Risk Transformation. Rescuing homeless dogs thru fostering. Gym addict. Proud EY-er! Thoughts are my own. Charlotte, NC
- Jen Stalnaker @JenStalnaker1 Cybersecurity/Risk Transformation Talent Acquisition Recruiter with EY. Tweets are my own. Cleveland, OH
- Toryana Jones 🤓 @Toryana_J Augusta University Alumni 👩🏽🎓 | Information Security Analyst @ Visa 👩🏽💻 | Cyber Chick 🤓 | Entrepreneurial mindset | Philippians 4:13 🙏🏽
- Shruthi Kamath @ShruthiKamath30 Co-Founder @Infosecgirls|Security Consultant @SW_Integrity @Synopsys| Active member of n|u B’lore Chapter| Committee member @OWASPWIA |Foodie. Bangalore
- Sujin Lee @sujinleeme @RailsGirlsSoC 2018 Student. Project @babeljs / @redHat KR pink coding fest participant / M.S at http://marg.snu.ac.kr / Runner http://instagram.com/sujinlee.me/ Seoul, Korea
- Helma @ArtheosNL privacy officer @deltion & trainer sec awareness @ArtheosNL | infosec | no safety without privacy | internet ethics | ♡CC0, Ducati, Venice IT 🦄 views are my own. the Netherlands ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯
- Tiffany Gerstmar @cybersecuriTiff Infosec professional, photography amateur, adulting so-so. Talk to me about music any time you want! Tweets are my own views.
- Angel Grant @angelsgrant Apprentice Renaissance Gal, Mom, Cybersecurity Evangelist, CISSP, Mental and Physical Endurance Athlete
- Karolina Oseckyte @Koseckyte Cybersecurity, Technology, Travelling, Philosophy, Books, Volunteering and People. Proud finalist of Women in IT 2017 awards.All views are my own. KPMG, Chicago
- Wendy @ZenOneSec InfoSec @ Netflix. Protecting the shows you love! Love Star Wars and my Family. Endor
- Glenda R. Snodgrass @Glenda_TNE President and Lead Consultant at The Net Effect, LLC. Public speaker, security awareness trainer, #infosec #geek & avid equestrian. #womenintech #cybersecurity. Mobile, Alabama (USA)
- Nathalie V Raemdonck @eilah_tan Belgian Cybersecurity and Cyber Diplomacy analyst, internet night crawler. Work on @EUcyberdirect at @EU_ISS, tweets are my own. http://nathalievanraemdonck.com
- Annemarie Zielstra @a_zielstra Director Cyber Security & Resilience at TNO | Cyber Operations | Cyber Crime | Cyber Resilience. The Netherlands
- Lydia Kostopoulos, PhD @LKCyber Experimenter | Tech Trends | National Security | Cyber | Educator | Wellness Advocate | Bespoke Functional Suit Designer | Art #TechFWD #NatSecEmergingTechList. Berlin, Germany
- Evelien van Zuidam @evelienvz Criminologist|Cybersecurity|Schiphol|Transformations|Behavior|Sailing fanatic. The Netherlands
- Marijke Stokkel @MarijkeStokkel Information security, privacy, awareness, identity, IoT, surveillance, bcm, social engineering. Amsterdam
Do women make up only 11 percent of the cybersecurity workforce? Or, is the figure closer to 20 percent?
Cybercrime Magazine believes the number is so big that we’ll need a database to handle the chore. We’ll be back shortly with a powerful searchable directory of women in the cybersecurity field. Our weekly articles with the names of women in cyber will continue to be unstructured and make for a fun read – the database will bring structure and make it easy to search for names by keywords and phrases.
SEND US YOUR NAMES
While Twitter is hardly the only source to research names, our team has concluded it’s the best for this project. We may certainly expand the format, but for now a project of this sort is a huge undertaking and we need to stay focused.
We will be crowdsourcing names as part of our research and compilation. Do you want to participate? Get in touch with us here and we’ll explain how you can contribute names to the world’s largest list of women in the cybersecurity field.
Many of you sent us names earlier this week. We are grateful for your contribution – and our team is processing them.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.
– Casey Morgan, a junior at St. Anthony’s High School in Huntington, N.Y., contributed research to this story.