21 Jul Women In Cybersecurity Resource Center
From the editors at Cybercrime Magazine. Sponsored by Deloitte Cyber
WomenInCyber.com is updated regularly with essential research, reports, and resources. In 2021, our sponsor Deloitte Cyber introduced a global awareness and recruitment campaign to attract more women with diverse skill sets and backgrounds into the cyber profession.
- Cybersecurity Ventures predicts women will represent 30 percent of the global cybersecurity workforce by 2025, and that will reach 35 percent by 2031. The latest research figure from Cybersecurity Ventures is based on in-depth discussions with numerous industry experts in cybersecurity and human talent, vetting, analyzing and synthesizing third-party reports, surveys, and media sources, and conducting their own list compilation.
- Women held 25 percent of cybersecurity jobs globally in 2021, up from 20 percent in 2019, and around 10 percent in 2013, according to Cybersecurity Ventures.
- Women filled 17 percent of Fortune 500 CISO positions in 2021 (85 out of 500 companies) according to a study by Cybersecurity Ventures.
- “Women Know Cyber: 100 Fascinating Females Fighting Cybercrime” by Steve Morgan and Di Freeze is available in paperback and a Kindle edition on Amazon. The book features cybersecurity experts from across the globe, with varying backgrounds, who stand out for protecting governments, businesses, and people from cybercrime — and for their contributions to our community.
- “Hacker’s Movie Guide: The Complete List of Hacker & Cybersecurity Movies” features 23 women who share their favorite cyber flicks and characters, often times their career inspiration.
- “WOMEN KNOW CYBER: THE DOCUMENTARY,” a Cybersecurity Ventures production sponsored by Mastercard, technology partner Deloitte Cyber, and training partner KnowBe4, is a 42-minute documentary featuring women in cybersecurity from across the globe sharing their stories in an effort to recruit more female cybercrime fighters to a field that desperately needs them. The documentary is derived from the book “Women Know Cyber: 100 Fascinating Females Fighting Cybercrime” by Steve Morgan and Di Freeze.
- The @WomenKnowCyber Twitter account has the world’s largest list of women in cybersecurity. Thousands of female cybercrime fighters are represented, and new people are added every day.
- Women-Owned Cybersecurity Businesses. Cybersecurity Ventures compiles a continuously updated list of women owned cybersecurity companies in the U.S. and internationally.
- Women In Cybersecurity Associations. There’s no shortage of associations, Twitter lists, LinkedIn groups, and meetups for women in cybersecurity. Virtually any woman who wants to connect and interact with her peers can become a member of the more than 50 associations and groups compiled by Cybersecurity Ventures.
- Cybercrime Magazine, published by Cybersecurity Ventures, features extensive coverage of women in cybersecurity. Visit us at cybercrimemagazine.com.
- WCYB Digital Radio aka “Cybercrime Radio” is the first and only 7x24x365 Internet Radio Station devoted to cybercrime and cybersecurity. The station features extensive coverage of women in cyber. Deloitte Cyber is proud to be our sponsor. Listen at cybercrime.radio.
- The Cybercrime Magazine Podcast features more than 100 interviews with women in cybersecurity. Tune in and listen to Fortune 500 and Global 2000 CISOs, cybersecurity practitioners, founders and CEOs, and high-profile leaders from across the globe.
- COMING SOON! A special 24-episode series featuring Deloitte Women in Cyber alongside other top women in our field who are featured in the Women Know Cyber book and documentary. Stay tuned.
The Women In Cybersecurity Resource Center is sponsored by Deloitte Cyber.
Deloitte Cyber is the worldwide leader in cyber strategy consulting and cyber intelligence, and offers a fully customizable suite of cyber solutions and managed services.
With a commitment to technological innovation and broad industry expertise, our Deloitte global network gives us the insight and experience to face any scenario.