02 Mar John McAfee Biography
John McAfee Biography
THE TRUE LIFE STORY OF JOHN MCAFEE
“Steve Morgan, in the field of cybersecurity, knows me, perhaps, better than anyone. We have worked together extensively, both professionally and personally, on numerous projects, and there is little about me that Steve has not been privy to.” – John McAfee
Steve Jobs has been widely quoted from “The Crazy Ones“, part of Apple Computer, Inc.’s original “Think Different” campaign — which began in 1997. Jobs said:
“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do”
John McAfee, cybersecurity luminary and legend, is without question one of the crazy ones.
Steve Morgan, founder & Editor-In-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures, has written numerous articles and blogs about John McAfee. Steve has focused mainly on McAfee the Cyber Scientist, while leaving the rest of his life to the media.
“McAfee Unplugged” was supposed to be John McAfee’s true life story and biography, as told to Steve Morgan. Instead, Steve is writing a series of blogs and articles — and collaborating with other media writers — to share a unique window into the life and times of John McAfee, founder of his namesake anti-virus company which was the hottest and fastest growing security company of its time, had a successful IPO in 1992, and ultimately sold to Intel Corporation (while still bearing John McAfee’s name) for $7.7 billion in 2010.
BLOGS & ARTICLES
- How I Hacked John McAfee And Got Away With His True Life Story – Sept. 26, 2016 – Cybersecurity Ventures
- John McAfee Deal To Acquire Intel Security and McAfee.com? – Jul. 8, 2016 – Cybersecurity Ventures
- WhatsApp Message Hacked By John McAfee And Crew (Part II) – May 24, 2016 – Cybersecurity Ventures
- WhatsApp Message Hacked By John McAfee And Crew (Part I) – May 15, 2016 – Cybersecurity Ventures
- Intel’s CEO Can’t Seem To Shake John McAfee’s Name – Apr. 21, 2016 – Forbes
- John McAfee: ‘Professional Hackers Did Not Unlock The Shooter’s iPhone, Cellebrite Helped The FBI’ – Apr. 17, 2016 – Forbes
- Presidential Debate On Cyber Defense Airs Tonight – Apr. 8, 2016 – Forbes
- John McAfee Q&A: ‘Anyone Can Hack Into An iPhone In Less Than An Hour’ – Apr. 1, 2016 – Forbes
- John McAfee: ‘FBI Knew All Along They Could Unlock An iPhone With Cellebrite’s UFED Touch’ – Mar. 30, 2016 – Forbes
- John McAfee and the Future Tense of Security – Nov. 9, 2015 – SandHill.com
- Presidential Candidate Gets A Real Tattoo To Promote His Cybersecurity Platform – Nov. 4, 2015 – Forbes
- Donald Trump and John McAfee on SNL: Cyber’s Power Couple? – Oct. 28, 2015 – Forbes
- John McAfee’s Cyber Security Doctrine – Oct. 26, 2015 – CSO
- John McAfee Would Rather Laugh With The Sinners, But He’s A Cyber Security Saint – Oct. 23, 2015 – Forbes
- John McAfee is teaching cyberpreneurs how to fight at a startup space in Alabama – Oct. 20, 2015 – CSO
- Meet Mrs. John McAfee, Cyber Party’s First Lady – Oct. 13, 2015 – Forbes
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4: McAfee Says Hackers Will Find 100 Major Bugs – Oct. 7, 2015 – Forbes
- Cybersecurity Legend And Presidential Candidate John McAfee Takes On The Republican Frontrunners – Oct. 2, 2015 – Forbes
IN THE MEDIA
- John McAfee claims to have cracked secure WhatsApp messages – May 16, 2016 – MSN Money
- John McAfee claims to have hacked WhatsApp encrypted messages on Android – May 16, 2015 – CBR / Computer Business Review
- John McAfee Hacks WhatsApp Encrypted Messages – May 16, 2016 – Secureworld
- McAfee Says Android Flaw Allowed Him, His Team to Circumvent WhatsApp Encryption – May 16, 2016 – SiteProNews
- Vote different? John McAfee ‘borrows’ from Apple in presidential bid – Apr. 27, 2016 – Cult of Mac
- John McAfee’s Presidential Campaign Prioritizes Cybersecurity Matters – Feb. 21, 2016 – San Francisco Airport Commission
If you are an editor, reporter, or blogger interested in a story about John McAfee, get in touch.
Join the Cybersecurity Ventures Newsletter to stay on the cutting edge.