22 Jun Former White House CIO Theresa Payton Named Host Of The CISO Minute
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Northport, N.Y. – Sep. 29, 2019
Cybercrime Magazine opened Cybercrime Studios earlier this year in historic Northport, N.Y. The small seaside village has been home to writer Jack Kerouac — author of the famous novel “On The Road” — and the backdrop for big-screen motion pictures, indie films, and TV shows.
Our team of hosts, writers, editors, videographers, and content specialists film podcast video interviews on the second floor of the Brush Building on Main Street — built in 1925 and renovated in 2017 — which is steps away from Northport Harbor.
SPECIAL GUEST INTERVIEW
“If you know cybersecurity, you have a guaranteed job. For life.” – Robert Herjavec, Shark on ABC TV’s Shark Tank / Founder and CEO of Herjavec Group Read the story
We traveled to Morristown, N.J. to film our Chief Media Commentator, Scott Schober, in a 30-minute TV-style interview with Robert. Afterwards, we asked him about putting on the headphones and going one-on-one radio-style with our newly minted Podcast Host Georgia Reid. The impromptu 7-minute podcast was an instant hit and we’ve been filming them ever since.
The CISO Minute, sponsored by KnowBe4, brings advice and insights to Fortune 500 and Global 2000 CISOs and security teams.
Theresa is president & CEO at Fortalice Solutions, LLC. She played the role of deputy commander of Intelligence on CBS’ TV show “Hunted.”
The latest from Cybercrime Studios:
- Cybercrime Magazine took our studio on the road to the NYIT auditorium in New York City to film an interview with Craig Newmark, founder of Craigslist. He shared some interesting tidbits from his past and talked about women who code, and women in cybersecurity.
- In our latest installment of Ask The CISO, guest host Dr. Jay interviewed Ron Green, EVP and CISO for Mastercard. Cybersecurity and fighting cybercrime is serious business, but it can also be a lot of fun.
- Scott Schober, our senior media commentator, filmed a video book review of Ghost in the Wires, a thrilling memoir by Kevin Mitnick, the world’s most famous hacker. Scott will be back with an ongoing series of video book reviews.
- Who knows what about phishing scams? Cybercrime Magazine hit the road to find out. We filmed interviews with consumers at The Roosevelt Field Mall (New York’s largest shopping center) and fans at a New York Mets game to find out.
- Women know cybersecurity and Cybercrime Magazine captures the spirit of their growing presence in our field in this video mashup. The women featured were intercut from a series of podcast video interviews over the past year.
- Cybercrime Studios traveled to Orlando, Fla. to cover KB4-CON, the world’s largest security awareness training user conference. One of the highlights was this interview with Kevin Mitnick, chief hacking officer at KnowBe4, the event producer.
If you have an idea for a cybersecurity video or podcast, then you can pitch it to us here.
Cybersecurity Ventures would like to thank our partner, New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), as the venue for our NYC podcast video interviews. NYIT is a NSA/DHS National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.