23 Mar CISO Minute For The Week Of August 19, 2019
Sponsored by Cisco Security
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Northport, N.Y. — Aug. 20, 2019
Good morning CISOs and cybersecurity professionals!
The CISO Minute is a podcast series from the editors at Cybercrime Magazine, and it’s sponsored by Cisco Security.
Every Monday morning, we bring advice and insights to Fortune 500 and Global 2000 chief information security officers. We invite CISOs and security leaders at organizations of all sizes and types to listen in.
Today’s CISO Minute was recorded at Cybercrime Studios. Our team of hosts, writers, editors, and content specialists produce cybersecurity podcasts on the second floor of the Brush Building on Main Street — built in 1925 and renovated in 2017 — which is steps away from Northport Harbor.
CISOMinute.com is your destination for the latest episode of our newest podcast every Monday morning. You can subscribe to the CISO Minute on Apple iTunes and other podcast players.
Get this podcast on your iOS or Android phone! Search “The CISO Minute” in App to follow this podcast.
Listen to previous episodes of The CISO Minute here. We’ll be back next Monday!
Latest CISO Statistics
Did you know?
- In 2019, Cybersecurity Ventures expects that Fortune 500 and Global 2000 chief information security officers (CISOs) will reduce the number of point security products/solutions in use at their corporations by 15-18 percent.
- Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that 100 percent of large corporations (Fortune 500, Global 2000) globally will have a CISO or equivalent position by 2021 (up from 70 percent in 2018), although many of them will be unfilled due to a lack of experienced candidates.
- Research firm Forrester predicts that the number of women CISOs at Fortune 500 companies will rise to 20 percent in 2019, compared with 13 percent in 2017.
- The second-highest paying tech job in 2019 is a CISO, with a salary range of $175,000 to $275,000.
- Fortune 500 corporations in big cities pay their CISOs as much as $380,000 to $420,000 annually (and more for some), much higher than the average range for the position in mid-sized companies, government agencies, and academia.
These CISO related facts, figures, predictions, and statistics are provided by the 2019 Cybersecurity Almanac, co-published by Cisco and Cybersecurity Ventures.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.
Sponsored by Cisco Security
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.