22 Aug List of Security Awareness Training Companies To Watch in 2018
Find companies to help defend your organization and employees against phishing scams and ransomware attacks
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Menlo Park, Calif. – Aug. 22, 2018
Demand for training employees on how to recognize phishing scams and other cyber threats is soaring. A report from Cybersecurity Ventures predicts the market for security awareness training will reach $10 billion annually by 2027, up from roughly $1 billion in 2014.
Global ransomware damage costs are predicted to hit $11.5 billion by 2019 – and ransomware is expected to attack a business every 14 seconds by end of 2019. To put this in perspective, ransomware damage costs were estimated at $325 million in 2015.
Who’s who in the security awareness training space? Cybercrime Magazine explains with our 2018 list of the hot movers and shakers in this explosive market. These companies provide products, services, and platforms for employee education, phishing simulation, and related offerings.
Learn about cybersecurity training for your employees from these top providers:
The first edition of the Directory of Security Awareness Training Companies for 2018 provides an alphabetical listing for the U.S. and international.
- Ataata, Bethesda, Md. Developed by top leadership from the U.S. military, law enforcement, and the intelligence community, Ataata is a security awareness training and cyber risk management platform that combines effective, modern training techniques with predictive analytics.
- AwareGO, Reykjavík, Iceland. AwareGo produces high-quality videos to maximize the impact of security awareness campaigns and provides effective compliance and General Data Protection Regulation training.
- Barracuda Networks, Campbell, Calif. Turn everyday employees into fierce security advocates. Train them to understand the latest attack techniques, recognize subtle clues, and help stop email fraud, data loss, and brand damage with Barracuda PhishLine. Fight phishing with continuous simulation and training.
- Cofense, Leesburg, Va. Full suite of phishing defense solutions (anti-phishing CBT) helps condition employees to recognize and resist clicking on dangerous phishing emails. Market-leading incident-response technologies with employee-sourced attack intelligence for a complete collective defense against email-based cyber-attacks.
- Curricula, Atlanta, Ga., A themed security awareness program that delivers short, relatable stories to train employees on cybersecurity topics. An integrated phishing simulator delivers real-world tests to connect social engineering concepts to the themed training content.
“If you lose or leak confidential information, it is your responsibility to report it. Even if it was an accident. Otherwise it can lead to hefty fines for your company.” – AwareGo
- Cyber Risk Aware, Dublin, Ireland. Provides “real-time” security awareness training, cyber knowledge assessment, and phishing and smishing threat simulations. The platform measures the level of human cyber risk in a business, mitigates risk by raising staff awareness, and enables clients to meet their compliance obligations and security accreditations through comprehensive reporting.
- CyberProtex, Madison, Ala. Employees are the first line and often the most important line of defense in protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of a company’s information and information assets. CyberProtex offers superb Security Awareness Training to educate and empower employees to protect data.
- Digital Defense, Inc., San Antonio, Texas. As security awareness training can be dry and boring, Digital Defense got creative and developed SecurED® in collaboration with award-winning Hollywood comedy writers. The combination of serious and important guidance with fun, engaging characters achieves the “stickiness factor” required to achieve real results.
- ELC Information Security, St. Petersburg, Fla. ELC provides customized information security training and offers key learning management systems, seamless integration into existing LMS platforms, and detailed completion tracking for audit compliance.
- Global Learning Systems, Clarksville, Md. With over 25 years experience, Global Learning Systems’ (GLS) online security awareness training for employees drives positive employee behavior change with our comprehensive web-based course library and communication resources. Our suite of scenario-based courses and modules can be quickly deployed to address your compliance and audit requirements, as well as customized to provide an effective client-tailored program.
- Habitu8, Los Angeles, Calif. A security awareness training vendor founded by security awareness experts, Habitu8 helps companies build effective security awareness programs using engaging training videos and proven strategy.
- HoxHunt, Helsinki, Finland. The fully automated service simulates real attacks and shows the techniques attackers use to infiltrate organizations. Employees are rewarded for reporting the attacks, both real and simulated. The result is behavioral change instead of just awareness.
- InfoSec Institute, Madison, Wis. SecurityIQ, a security awareness education and phishing simulation platform, personalizes training to each user’s security aptitude, role and learning style. It cuts through the clutter, engages users and reinforces your human firewall. Recognized as a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training.
- Inspired eLearning, San Antonio, Texas. Security Awareness and Compliance & HR training programs, PhishProof phishing assessment software, tailored courseware design and development, content integration, and a fully hosted, web-based eLearning course delivery and tracking system based on the iLMS (Inspired Learning Management System).
- IronSchool (by Ironscales), Tel Aviv, Israel. Attack simulation and phishing awareness training, IronSchool continuously assesses individual employee behavior and skillsets through short simulated phishing scenarios. This prepares employees to identify and mitigate all types of advanced email phishing threats, including those without links or attachments.
- Junglemap, Oslo, Norway. Junglemap’s Information Security Awareness 365 programs are based on a series of two-to-three-minute single-topic lessons sent to all your employees every two to three weeks year-round for optimal learning and alertness.
- KnowBe4, Clearwater, Fla. World’s most popular integrated platform for awareness training combined with simulated phishing attacks. We help thousands of organizations to manage the continuing problem of social engineering. Find out how effective our security awareness training is, and start with your FREE Phishing Security Test; find out what percentage of your employees are Phish-prone.
- LUCY Security, Zurich, Switzerland. LUCY allows companies to take on the role of an attacker and uncover and close weaknesses in both the technical infrastructure and the staff. The multi-tenant server can be downloaded and run on-premise within your intranet or can be used as a cloud-based solution with restricted access for only your staff.
- MediaPro, Bothell, Wash. From awareness program planning, employee surveys and phishing, to award-winning training content and tools to keep it all working together, MediaPRO offers our clients a complete learning solution. Get everything you need to engage employees, measure results, and continuously drive down risk—all from a unified, cloud-based solution with nothing to deploy or manage.
- Ninjio, Westlake Village, Calif. Gamified security awareness training for employees. Each 3-4 minute animated episode is written by a Hollywood writer featuring a real-life company who has suffered a significant breach. New episodes are released every 30 days to keep users up-to-date on current threats. Gamification encourages engagement.
- PhishingBox, Lexington, Ky. PhishingBox checks for vulnerabilities irrespective of networks, systems and applications. The system allows users to perform security checks without involving employees outside their own IT department.
- PhishLabs, Charleston, S.C. Delivered as a managed service, PhishLabs’ Security Awareness Training ensures organizations make the most of their training investments. PhishLabs’ experts will take your team through a short, focused, and frequent training program that quickly develops and sharpens the skills and behaviors that protect against real-world phishing threats.
- SANS Institute, North Bethesda, Md. We offer a comprehensive suite of awareness training content. Computer-based training, an extensive set of support materials, and a multi-stage curriculum all created by the experts in cybersecurity awareness. Our approach is to provide you with the right tools to create, grow and mature your awareness program, while supporting you every step of the way with our Guided Training.
- Secure Mentem, Annapolis, Md. Dedicated to changing employee security behaviors by addressing all aspects of human security concerns, Secure Mentem provides both custom services as well as the flagship on demand Security Awareness as a Service solution.
- Security Innovation, Wilmington, Mass. Leveraging interactive training modules, reinforcement assets, and optional integrated phishing solutions, Security Innovation provides application security testing, software security assessment, awareness and technical training, and embedded system security services.
- Security Mentor, Pacific Grove, Calif. Founded in 2007 by certified security professionals with more than 25 years of experience who work with the experts in instructional design and multimedia, and interactive design, to create truly effective security awareness training for employees.
- Terranova, Quebec, Canada. Comprehensive, end-to-end suite of security awareness solutions. Make your staff your strongest line of defence and create a security culture that adapts to evolving threats. Use our engaging, fun and interactive solution to plan, train, reinforce and measure in real-time.
- The Security Awareness Company, Old Hickory, Tenn. We create successful cybersecurity awareness training programs (including compliance standards such as HIPAA and PCI-DSS) for companies of all sizes. Our products are different from other security companies, because our engaging content is specifically designed to transform your end-users into human firewalls.
- Webroot, Broomfield, Colo. With ongoing, relevant, engaging cybersecurity awareness training such as phishing simulations, courses on IT and security best practices, and data protection and compliance training where relevant, businesses can significantly reduce the risks they face due to user error.
- Wombat Security (division of Proofpoint), Pittsburgh, Pa. SaaS-based information security awareness and training software to help organizations teach their employees secure behavior. Security Education Platform includes integrated knowledge assessments, a library of simulated attacks, and interactive training modules, which have been proven to reduce successful phishing attacks and malware infections by up to 90 percent.
For information about this list, contact the editors at Cybersecurity Ventures.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.