01 Jul July 2022: Free Ransomware Awareness Month Resource Kit
KnowBe4 provides tools to help in the fight against the fastest-growing type of cybercrime
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Sausalito, Calif. – Jul. 1, 2022
Cybercrime Magazine is excited to provide the resources you need to help your organization and your users defend against ransomware. July is “Ransomware Awareness Month” and our partner KnowBe4 created a free resource kit to help you this month and beyond.
It’s critical for your entire organization to understand and prepare for an inevitable ransomware attack. Why?
Global ransomware damages are expected to exceed $265 billion annually by 2031, up from $20 billion in 2021. Ransomware is expected to attack a business, consumer, or device every 2 seconds by 2031, up from every 11 seconds last year.
Not sure where to start? KnowBe4 has you covered! This year’s Kit includes:
- Access to KnowBe4’s free on-demand Ransomware Master Class webinar featuring Roger Grimes,Data-Driven Defense Evangelist
- KnowBe4’s most popular whitepaper: Ransomware Hostage Rescue Manual and supplemental Attack Response and Prevention Checklists
- A 7-minute video that explains The Evolution and Future of Ransomware
- A new infographic on The Global Cost of Ransomware
- Posters and digital signage to remind users about what to watch out for
Cybercrime Magazine discusses the latest ransomware threats and defense strategies with renowned cybersecurity expert Roger Grimes at the RSA Conference in San Francisco.
Watch this 6-minute video on ransomware to hear from some of the top chief information security officers globally.
Who’s in the video:
- Devon Bryan, Global CISO at Carnival Corp.
- Adam Keown, Global CISO at Eastman
- Jason Lau, CISO at Crypto.com
- Jason Rader, VP & CISO at Insight Enterprises
James McQuiggan, Security Awareness Advocate at KnowBe4, recently spoke to Cybercrime Magazine about growth of ransomware and its impact on businesses and users globally.
Watch this video to learn more about high profile ransomware attacks and trends, and advice for CISOs and security leaders.
What’s covered in this video:
- Hospitals and healthcare systems are under ransomware attack
- Ransomware has been hitting and harming critical infrastructure
- Ransomware shouldn’t distract you from Business Email Compromise (BEC)
- Actionable steps you can take to protect yourself and your organization
For more resources, tips, and news for you and your users throughout Ransomware Awareness Month be sure to download the Free Ransomware Awareness Resource Kit from KnowBe4!
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.
Sponsored by KnowBe4
KnowBe4 is the world’s largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform that helps you manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. We are a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant and the fastest-growing vendor in this space. We are proud of the fact that more than 50 percent of our team are women.