14 Nov Directory of Healthcare Cybersecurity Companies to Watch in 2019
Find regional, national and global solution providers
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Sausalito, Calif. – Jul. 27, 2019
The global shortage of cybersecurity professionals is expected to reach 3.5 million unfilled positions by 2021, up from 1 million in 2014. Cybersecurity companies are responding to the labor crunch by providing healthcare providers and hospitals with a growing portfolio of services to choose from.
The rapid growth of Internet connected medical devices — known as the Internet of Medical Things or IoMT — has created serious cybersecurity and data privacy risks. Combine that with more sophisticated hackers targeting the healthcare space and we’ve got the perfect storm brewing.
The healthcare cybersecurity companies we follow, and you should too…
The first edition of the Healthcare Cybersecurity Company List for 2017 provides an alphabetical listing of top firms we follow in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia-Pac.
- Battelle, Columbus, Ohio. Medical device development, solid science and experienced laboratory support. Battelle Hospital develops and translates the latest advances in prevention, treatment and analytics into better outcomes for people everywhere.
- ClearDATA, Austin, Texas, Scottsdale, Ariz. and San Francisco. Managed cloud provider for healthcare and life sciences security. Advanced healthcare PHI security and HIPAA compliance services for AWS environments.
- Clearwater Compliance, Nashville, Tenn. Healthcare compliance and cyber risk management solutions. Empowering hospitals and health systems to successfully manage healthcare’s evolving cybersecurity risks, compliance requirements, and ensure patient safety.
- CynergisTek, Mission Viejo, Calif. and Austin, Texas. Cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. Helping organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals.
- DataMotion Health, Florham Park, N.J. Enabling providers to communicate more efficiently across the care continuum and with their patients. Secure messaging and connectivity solutions for secure and compliant exchange of protected health information (PHI).
- Fortified Health Security, Franklin, Tenn. Empowering healthcare organization with the most effective solutions to mitigate cybersecurity and compliance risks. Services include assisting with compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Hashed Health, Nashville, Tenn. Leading a consortium of healthcare companies focused on accelerating meaningful innovation using blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. Services include product development for blockchain solutions and networks.
- Haystack Informatics, Philadelphia, Penn. Born at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, a comprehensive approach to proactively monitor patient privacy. Revolutionizes the way health systems and consultants diagnose, measure, and monitor employee workflow variability.
- Health Linkages, Mountain View, Calif. Data provenance company uses blockchain and big data technologies to enable healthcare institutions to trust, protect, and share their data.
- Jvion, Johns Creek, Ga. A smart machine and high-performance appliance for the healthcare market, designed to save lives. Precisely and comprehensively foresees risk and delivers the recommended actions that improve outcomes.
- Imprivata, Lexington, Mass. Offices in the U.K., Germany, Netherlands and Australia. Healthcare IT security solutions company enabling healthcare to access, communicate, and transact patient information, securely and conveniently.
- MedCrypt, Encinitas, Calif. Technology ensures medical devices exceeds customers’ and regulators’ security expectations. APIs encrypt data sent to and from medical devices. Monitors what medical devices are doing remotely, in real-time.
- Medigate, Tel-Aviv, Israel. Dedicated medical device security platform protecting all of the connected medical devices on health care provider networks. Enables providers to ensure the delivery of critical treatment and the protection of patient personal and private information.
- Meditology Services, Atlanta, Ga. Exclusive focus on healthcare IT aimed at protecting the privacy & security of patient health information. Primary services are IT risk management and healthcare IT consulting.
- Ostendio, Arlington, Va. Cloud-based cybersecurity and information management platform that delivers an easy to use, cost-effective way for healthcare providers to demonstrate information security compliance to multiple industry standards and regulations.
- PriorityOne Group, Rutherford, N.J. HIPAA-compliant and real-world IT security solutions for better patient care delivery and stronger financial performance. Serving physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers, and hospitals in New Jersey.
- Protenus, Baltimore, Md. Protect patient data security with timely alerts to suspicious activity in the electronic health record (EHR). Mitigate risk and public exposure, reinforce trust enterprise-wide, and enhance patient privacy.
- Virta Labs, Ann Arbor, Mich. On-premises software platform that slashes the time & effort required to conduct real-world security activities in healthcare. Insight into the whole clinical asset ecosystem, from CMMS to network infrastructure.
For information about this list, contact the editors at Cybersecurity Ventures.