21 Nov December 2019 Cybersecurity Calendar
FutureCon Launches Next Generation Cybersecurity Conferences In 27 Cities Across N. America for 2020
– Kayla Matthews
Pittsburgh, Pa. — Nov. 21, 2019
Even though 2019 is rapidly coming to a close, you can still get your fill of cybersecurity networking opportunities and knowledge. Here are 10 December cybersecurity events to put on your agenda today.
1. Kuwait Industrial Automation & Control Systems Cyber Security (KIACS) Conference — Dec. 1 and 2 in Al Bida’a, Kuwait
This is the fourth annual gathering of its kind, and it’s for people who are concerned with the cybersecurity of industrial control systems used in the oil, gas, petrochemical and power industries.
Events on the agenda include cyberattack simulations, networking sessions, and speakers giving talks on things like risk mitigation and advanced persistent security measures.
2. Black Hat Europe — Dec. 2-5 in London
This event combines hands-on training with updates about the latest research disclosures and developments in the cybersecurity sector overall.
There is also a business hall at the conference that accommodates more than 2,000 information security professionals and gives them chances to check out the newest products and services that could prove crucial to their work.
Conference attendees can also learn the latest exploit techniques so they can be more prepared to deal with them in real-life situations.
3. Fraud & Breach Summit — Dec. 3 in Washington, D.C.
This event is part of the Information Security Media Group (ISMG) Summit Series. Speakers from companies like Google, Huawei and Microsoft are among the executives scheduled to appear.
Some of the topics on the conference schedule are security for the 2020 U.S presidential elections, malicious bot attacks and mobile security.
4. Los Angeles Cyber Security Summit — Dec. 5 in Los Angeles
This is a single-day event that’s ideal if you’ve got a lot going on in December but don’t want to miss out on chances to learn more about the latest news in cybersecurity. Your event ticket gives you access to all the happenings, plus a catered breakfast, lunch and a cocktail reception.
You can hear experts weigh in about application security, using deep learning to mitigate network threats and how to avoid security mistakes when moving to the cloud, among other things. The schedule includes product demonstrations, too.
5. Kansas City Cyber Security Conference — Dec. 5 in Overland Park, KS
This is another one-day event, and it’s for IT executives. Registration starts at 7:30 on the morning of the gathering, so you can look forward to a full day of learning. Anticipate enjoying breakout sessions, peer-led keynote speeches and networking. Since there are 24 events on the day’s agenda, rest assured you’ll find content that applies to your career and future aspirations.
Learn about things such as why cybersecurity starts in a person’s home and the reasons why professionals should look back on the past year while developing new strategies. There’s also an event that teaches how to excel at corporate communications after a data breach.
6. CyberMaryland — Dec. 5-6 in Baltimore
This year’s theme for the CyberMaryland event is “Cyber Threats, Nevermore: Unifying the Cyber Community in Maryland and Beyond.” The title is a tribute to Edgar Allan Poe, the famous poet who has a Maryland connection and showed an interest in cryptography during his lifetime.
Besides the central part of the conference, which brings together thought leaders from all facets of cybersecurity, there is an industry showcase happening at the same time. It gives people the chance to see what’s new regarding cybersecurity products.
7. Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC) — Dec. 9-13 in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Located near the Condado Beach area, this conference enables attendees to give themselves some time in the sun and sand when they’re finished taking in all the event offers.
Something new on the schedule for this year’s conference is the Test of Time Award. It looks at 25 years’ worth of cybersecurity papers and recognizes those that significantly impacted computer and network security.
8. Identity & Access Management Summit 2019 — Dec. 10-12 in Las Vegas
This is a specialized gathering intended for people who deal with identity and access management (IAM).
You’ll learn about best practices in IAM systems, how to choose the appropriate tools and what’s necessary to know so you’re well-equipped to embrace emerging trends.
9. FutureCon Nashville CyberSecurity Conference — Dec. 11 in Nashville, TN
Consider heading to Nashville for a full day of education while surrounded by your industry peers. The agenda features topics ranging from managing the modern attack surface to the zero-trust model.
There are also breaks throughout the day that you can use to network with other attendees or see what vendors brought to the conference.
10. International Conference on Cyber Security and Intelligence — Dec. 16-17 in Barcelona, Spain
This is a research-based conference that allows academic authors to present their findings to listeners who are eager to get updates about developments that matter regarding cybersecurity and intelligence. People can also participate in this event by being an exhibitor.
No matter the specifics surrounding how an attendee participates, they’ll get to spend time with peers from all over the globe.
An Action-Packed Month
By the time December rolls around, many people start planning their holiday shopping needs and the specifics about visiting family and friends during the festive season.
Before all those things happen, you can stay engrossed in all the need-to-know information about cybersecurity. These 10 December cybersecurity events will help you get ready for everything 2020 might bring.
More Venues for Uber-Networkers
If you can’t get your fill from our monthly calendar, then here’s our editors’ favorite blogs and lists with cybersecurity events globally:
- Google list of upcoming cybersecurity events.
- The best security conferences for 2019, from TechBeacon.
- The Top 50 must-attend information security conferences, according to Digital Guardian.
- Cybersecurity event list from across the world, compiled by Cyware.
- Calendar of events in cryptology from IACR, the International Association for Cryptologic Research.
- COMS directory of information security conferences.
- Local 2020 cybersecurity conferences in 27 North American cities.
– Kayla Matthews is a technology journalist and cybersecurity writer based in Pittsburgh, PA. To read more from Kayla, visit her website.