31 May 5 Hot Cybersecurity Channel Programs Focus on MSSPs
Partner opportunities in the rapidly growing cybersecurity market
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Sausalito, Calif. – May 31, 2018
A rising tide of global spending on cybersecurity is lifting up cybersecurity company channel programs aimed at VARs, consultancies, systems integrators, defense contractors, and last but not least — MSSPs (managed security service providers).
MSSPs are in fact emerging as a top target for channel chiefs at cybersecurity companies.
The cybersecurity market is expected to post revenues of more than $1 trillion cumulatively from 2017 to 2021, according to the Cybersecurity Market Report, published annually by Cybersecurity Ventures.
In the face of a labor crunch that is predicted to have 3.5 million cybersecurity jobs unfilled by 2021 (up from 1 million in 2014), CIOs, CISOs, and IT security teams at organizations of all types and sizes are increasingly looking to MSSPs for help identifying and thwarting hackers and cybercriminals.
The market data points to a huge need, and opportunity, for the middlemen that stand between cyber technology producers and end-user buyers.
“Modern security is beyond the capacity of most customer IT departments so technology should be molded to enable the service provider to better defend the attack surface,” says Stephen Tallant, Senior Director, MSSP & Service Enablement at Fortinet, a leading provider of next-generation firewalls. “Security technology should be open to customization and development so MSSPs can adapt to changing threat conditions,” adds Tallant.
The larger regional, national, and global MSSPs are also offering their own partner programs — monetizing heavy investments they’ve made into SOCs (security operations centers) and incident response personnel.
CyberTechnologyXChange, a unique event focused on partnerships between cybersecurity vendors and channel partners, conducted research and interviews to assist the editors at Cybersecurity Ventures with a list of 5 hot cybersecurity channel programs to watch in 2018.
5 Hot Partner Programs
CyberTechnologyXChange sifted through dozens of cybersecurity companies to narrow down this list of hot partner programs, with each one focusing on a different area.
- AlgoSec, Ridgefield Park, N.J. Security Policy Management, Application and Cloud Security. More than 90 percent of AlgoSec’s business is conducted through a worldwide network of channel partners.
- Bromium, Cupertino, Calif. Virtualization-based Security Solutions. Channel program enables partners to sell the only application isolation solution that’s hardware-enforced.
- Fortinet, Sunnyvale, Calif. Purpose-built Technology for Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs). Helps MSSPs secure customer networks, create additional revenue streams, higher profit margins, and differentiation from the competition.
- KnowBe4, Clearwater, Fla. Security Awareness Training and Simulated Phishing. Channel program designed to help partners sell solutions that manage the issues of social engineering, spear phishing and ransomware attacks.
- Trusted Metrics, Raleigh, N.C. Elastic SOC (security operations center) for Service Providers. Offering a white-label SOC with 3-step deployment in a private cloud model.
Cybersecurity Ventures will publish a larger list of cybersecurity channel programs later in 2018.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.
CyberTechnologyXChange will be held on Aug. 15, 2018 at The Lodges at Deer Valley in Park City, Utah.