26 Oct 1,276 Women In Cybersecurity We Follow On Twitter, And You Should Too
Cybercrime Magazine is compiling the world’s largest list of its kind. See the list
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Northport, N.Y. – Oct. 26, 2018
Cybercrime Magazine is compiling the world’s largest list of women in the cybersecurity field. The tally was up to 1,222 last week — and we’ve got another 54 this week, for a total of 1,276 to date.
Before we get to this week’s list, we’d like to give a shout-out to an extremely talented woman in cyber, Kim Hakim, and her new company, FutureCon, producer of 24 Next Generation Cybersecurity Conferences in North America during 2019. Cybercrime Magazine will be at the first event in Atlanta on Jan. 16 … and you should be there too!
Now, for the new names you’ve been waiting for…
54 WOMEN IN CYBER
- Christina Zammit @Christina_Zam @GDPRindex,Data Protection, ISO27001, CyberSecurity, director,@BreachAware. Driving awareness of Cybersecurity risks amongst business and community. London, England.
- Emily W. Nichols @EmilyWNichols Passionate about technology innovation and Cybersecurity.
- Camille Kloppenburg @IneffablyChic Trained in rocket science. In practice – cybersecurity (application security) consultant. Mother. Wife. Baker Lifelong learner.
- Shaikh Rafia @ShaikhRafia Indifference & giant specs. All about cybersecurity at Wccftech. Bylines: @Dawn_com @GenderITOrg @TheNewsonSunday
- June Klein @tmvinc CEO Technology&Marketing Ventures Inc; Electronic-BoardroomTMVi(r) Solutions; Boardmember; VentureDev; UKmobile; fort50exec; MBA; governanceCert; BestsellerAuthor, NYC, NY
- Deneen DeFiore @deneendefiore
- Julie Tsai @446688
- Jill Allison @fireworksllc technology innovation and business development strategy consultant Minneapolis.
- Paula Januszkiewicz @PaulaCqure Security Expert | Penetration Tester | CQURE Owner | @CQUREAcademy
- Anyck TurgeonProtected Tweets @AnyckTurgeon Anyck Turgeon is a top-tier executive ub cyber-security and privacy fighting fraud and money laundering through contextual cyber-analytics Austin, Texas
- Avani Desai @AvaniDe President @SchellmanCo, Founder @MyCryptoAlert, mom of 2, dr’s wife, runner, juggler, privacy & security geek, philanthropist, and wants more women in #tech Orlando, FL
- Gwynne Junkin @gjunkin Running. Making things work. Seattle
- Aparajita Sinha @aparajitas403
- Rachael N. Clark @RachaelnClark Attorney, CIPP/US, focusing on privacy and data security. @IUMaurerLaw @Colgateuniv An effective communicator, I build relationships to maximize results. New York, NY
- Bhavana Nathani @bhavana_nathani Director Cybersecurity and Privacy @ PwC California, USA
- Laura MacDonald @LmacSecurity Cybersecurity @Microsoft, Connecting People, My Opinions, My Tweets
- Melissa LaVarnway @LaVa_mS9 Microsoft Cybersecurity
- Cheryl Tuppa @ctuppa Married to Jon, Mom of two boys, Fraud Fighter for Microsoft and Dog lover.
- Betsy Cooper @BetsOnTech @AspenCyber policy director; @ASGsenior advisor; @DHSGov, @CLTCBerkeley alum; long-suffering @BuffaloBills, Tottenham, @warriors, @Cal, & wine-biking fan.
- Emmy Johnson @ZeroFoxyEmmy
- Amber Kurrle @kurrle_amber Baltimore, MD
- Jill AllisonProtected Tweets @JillLlc cyber security strategy advisor Excelsior, MN
- Dr. Mary Aiken @maryCyPsy Cyberpsychologist | Adj. Assoc. Professor UCD | Global Fellow Wilson Center D.C | Producer CSI:Cyber | Author ‘The Cyber Effect’ | Speaker | Views are my own
- Cygenta @CygentaHQ Driven by securing the success of our clients. We cover technical, physical & human aspects of cybersecurity. Co-founded by @__freakyclown__ & @drjessicabarker. Global
- Dr.Debarati Halder @DrDebaratiH lawyer by profession & now a probono advocate. helping cybervictims Founder,http://cybervictims.org .Academic writer by own choice, hold Ph.D in law from #NLSIU India
- Debra McLaughlin @DebraSymantecCR Corporate Responsibility @Symantec. #CSR & #sustainability Silicon Valley, CA
- Cecily Joseph @CecilyJosephCR Proud mom with international roots; love my job as @Symantec’s VP of Corporate Responsibility #Diversity #CSR, sustainability & #socialgood/Opinions=Correct San Francisco Bay Area
- Johnnie Konstantas @jkonstantas Runner, marketeer, cyber-security pundit, big data analytics fledgling, erstwhile CDMA engineer. Disclosure: I work for @Microsoft Seattle
- Merri Beth Lavagnino @MerriBethatIU Chief Risk Officer Indiana University
- Susan Ramonat @susan_ramonat CEO @SpiritusPtrs Digital service records, analytics & insights at intersection of clinical asset mgmt., decontamination & sterilization, & infection control. Edinburgh Glasgow Princeton
- Nilima Patwardhan @NilimaP Mum of two girls. Love sharing food. Enjoying St Albans life. On a journey of Mindfulness. Keen to continue learning / sharing knowledge on internet safety. St Albans
- Joanne Moretti @JoannMoretti Empower women in #STEM CMO of F200 Product Solutions Company @Jabil & GM of @radiusinnovates – Jabil’s Innovation & Development Consultancy. Opinions Mine. Dallas, TX
- Meera Rao @MeeraRRao Practice Director – Secure Development with 20 years of experience in a variety of roles such as Senior Principal Consultant at Synopsys. Burtonsville, MD
- Natalia Oropeza @NataliaOropezaG Chief Cybersecurity Officer @Siemens, #cybersecurity #innovation #it #creative #open #happy, views are mine Wolfsburg, Deutschland
- Annie Anton @GT_AnnieAnton #POTUS #Commission on Enhancing National #Cybersecurity #privacy
- Lindsey Ledford @deborahlindseyl cybersecurity. algorithmic accountability. @hiretechladies founding member. feminist. obsessed w podcasts, sociology, & boston terriers. #wispdefconsquad. Atlanta, GA
- Shelley Westman @ShelleyWestman Recovering Lawyer. EY Principal in Cybersecurity. All Opinions are my own.
- THE Mari Galloway @marigalloway Womens Society of Cyberjutsu | Geek | Rock Star | Crafter | Innovator US
- Ksenia Peguero @KseniaDmitrieva Security enthusiast. Ballroom dancer. World traveler.
- Despina Spanou @DespinaSpanou Director of European Commission for #Cybersecurity #ePrivacy #eHealth #connectedcars #smartcities #egovernment #eid. Views are personal. Europe
- laurel younis @laurelyounis always obsessively learning | infosec | connector | this is my alchemy. Oregon, USA
- Irena Damsky @DamskyIrena In no particular order – Data Unicorns Security Cats Israel. All opinions are my own. Tel-Aviv
- Oryan De Paz @OryanDP Interested in infosec, especially in Windows Internals 💙 Reverse Engineering 💚 and Malware (oh and did i mention Windows Internals already? Israel
- Astha Singhal @astha_singhal AppSec Leader at Netflix. San Francisco
- Corinimai @corinimai Passion for Information Security. Security Advisor & Product Marketing. Bay Area native.
- Loredana Mancini @lo_mancini innovation cyber security mentorship Horizon2020 & @OWASPWIA Vice Chair. Europe
- Jane LeClair @jane_leclair President Washington Center for Cybersecurity Research & Development. Washington DC
- Neli Hayes @NELIHAYES Tech Executive Skilled to Lead/Direct Matrixed Defense/Federal Teams/Portfolios of $100M to $100B+. Former Boeing Technical Fellow & OSD Consultant. Virginia, USA
- Febisola @Febz__Happy Child. CyberSecurity Enthusiast. Scrabble junkie😆 Loves to travel/Explore ♥ 💡 Lagos, Nigeria
- Enid Mwayuli @mwayulienid Just a girl who can never be defined 💋. 👓 Christ loved me first 💕 InfoSec Enthusiast
- Lauren Neely @laurenbbneely Reformed attorney. Currently pursuing a MS in cybersecurity at USD. I like my cyber with a shot of ICS, please. Shaken, not stirred.
- Ebun Ogundipe @Ebunsky InfoSec Consultant ● Cloud Security enthusiast ● Assoc. CISSP● CEH London, England
- Sapna @Sapnas1ngh Cyber Security Professional who believes in learning and sharing.
- Helen Yu @YuHelenYu Advise #founder #CEO scale-up #Enterprise through #Customer-centric #Strategy and effective #Leadership.#IoT #GrowthHacker #AI #Fintech #Blockchain #VR #startup. Chicago, IL
- mummy lady secitup @secitup security leadership, program building, blue team, memes, sarcasm, feminism, @dianainitiative COO, Threadzilla. Tweets =mine. [she/her]. Arizona, USA
Do women make up only 11 percent of the cybersecurity workforce? Or, is the figure closer to 20 percent?
Cybercrime Magazine believes the number is so big that we’ll need a database to handle the chore. We’ll be back shortly with a powerful searchable directory of women in the cybersecurity field. Our weekly articles with the names of women in cyber will continue to be unstructured and make for a fun read – the database will bring structure and make it easy to search for names by keywords and phrases.
SEND US YOUR NAMES
While Twitter is hardly the only source to research names, our team has concluded it’s the best for this project. We may certainly expand the format, but for now a project of this sort is a huge undertaking and we need to stay focused.
We will be crowdsourcing names as part of our research and compilation. Do you want to participate? Get in touch with us here and we’ll explain how you can contribute names to the world’s largest list of women in the cybersecurity field.
Many of you sent us names earlier this week. We are grateful for your contribution – and our team is processing them.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.