07 Aug DeCYFIR Discovers Threats From The Dark Web, Provides Real-Time Insights
CYFIRMA announces a powerful new cybersecurity platform
– From the Editors at Cybercrime Magazine
SINGAPORE/TOKYO/INDIA – Aug. 7, 2020 /CYFIRMA/
DeCYFIR is designed to empower businesses with the ability to discover threats from the deepest trenches in cyberspace, decode signals from noise to gain useful insights, and apply remedial actions against cyber criminals before an actual attack occurs.
The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the world’s digital dependency, and along with it, increased businesses’ vulnerability to cyberattacks. Massive data fraud and theft as well as cyberattacks have been ranked amongst the top five risks globally in the next 10 years in terms of likelihood, according to the Global Risks Report 2019 published by the World Economic Forum.
Kumar Ritesh, founder and CEO of CYFIRMA, says: “The global pandemic, trade wars and geopolitical tensions that have brought great uncertainty to the economy have also become a catalyst triggering transformation in the ways we manage and operate technology. They have accelerated digitalization and brought about the inevitable rise in intensity and sophistication of cyberthreats.”
“Remote working has resulted in new attack vectors, integration of business applications with third-party systems can create new vulnerabilities, and employees unaccustomed and untrained in cybersecurity practices can heighten digital risk,” adds Ritesh. “Leaders with an effective defense strategy would know the threats that are coming towards them. I’m excited to introduce our enhanced threat discovery and cyber-intelligence platform, DeCYFIR, to businesses as we know cyber-intelligence is the new currency that will power growth and allow businesses to thrive in the post-pandemic digital economy.”
Cybercrime Radio: Kumar Ritesh, founder & CEO of CYFIRMA
DeCYFIR, a cloud-based, AI-powered cybersecurity platform
Predictive, Contextual, Comprehensive
With the DeCYFIR platform, businesses identify potential threats at the early planning stage of cyberattacks. The platform picks up threat indicators as observed in deep/dark web, hackers’ forums, and other closed communities including our own research, and predicts upcoming attacks based on a set of probability mathematical models and analytical engines.
DeCYFIR provides quality intelligence to businesses with information with industry, geography and technology specific information. The platform has the unique capabilities to connect the dots between hackers, exploit campaigns, motivations, methods, and attack readiness. All these combined offers businesses complete contextual visibility of their threat landscape.
DeCYFIR redefines quality cyber-intelligence in its unique ability to provide all three layers of insights (strategic, management and tactical). When the insights are harnessed in totality, business leaders can make accurate decisions and direct scarce cybersecurity resources to mitigate risks according to threat severity.
With DECYFIR, cyber threats and signals are automatically discovered and decoded. These insights are provided in real-time so that security teams are always kept a step ahead of their cyber adversaries.
DeCYFIR’s Key Modules
DeCYFIR consists of several modules, each designed to help businesses strengthen their cybersecurity postures and be better equipped to handle the risks of digitalization:
- Threat Visibility and Intelligence (TVI) – TVI provides a comprehensive multidimensional strategic, management and tactical intelligence and cyber insights. This module answers WHO, WHY, WHAT, WHEN and HOW of looming cyber threats, and provides recommendations for remedial actions. With TVI, businesses can predict a potential cyberattack and prevent financial and reputational damage.
- Cyber Situational Awareness (CSA) – Real-time cyber insights, trends, cyber news, technology, regulatory & law, policy changes, emerging cyberattacks, vulnerabilities, and exploits — all tailored to ensure relevance to a business’ geography, industry, and technology. When equipped with comprehensive and relevant risk telemetry, executives can make business and investment decisions accurately.
- Cyber Incident Analytics (CIA) – Enable businesses to comprehensively respond to security incidents with not only tactical information but also strategic-level insights by mapping associated campaign, hacker’s affiliation, motive, and mechanism. By taking an intelligence-based approach to managing cyber incidents, businesses can prevent the occurrence of similar cyberattacks.
Additionally, the enhanced version of DeCYFIR includes the following key features:
- Risk Dossier – A threat playbook that provides complete contextual and correlated details of threats discovered by DeCYFIR. This provides businesses with the ability to attribute different elements of threats, gain a holistic view and decide on the remediation actions required.
- Threat Search Engine – A dedicated search engine that enables businesses to search the dark, deep and surface web, P2P channels, bin sites and other data sources to retrieve information related to specific cyber events, attacks, incidents, malware, vulnerabilities, campaign, and threat actors. The powerful search engine also correlates the findings, deciphers the signals, and connects the dots to give security professionals timely visibility to evolving threats and risks at their fingertips.
- Complete Threat Landscape View – A single pane of glass that offers business leaders and security teams a view into their business’ external threat landscape. The unified view of threats and risks, when assessed holistically, provide the full perspective of the organization’s overall cyber posture.
- Threat View – Threat view provides cybersecurity teams insights into digital risk, vulnerabilities, cyberattacks, hackers’ interest, Early Warning/Out of Band, malware, phishing, and indicators of compromise (IoCs) with proprietary risk score to gauge the impending cyber threats and risks.
- Risk View –Risk view enables business leaders to understand how their businesses have been trending vis-à-vis others in the industry and charting their external threat landscape against different verticals of cyber posture management. Analysis of external risk that impacts their businesses with data tailored specific to their environment. Insights are relevant and timely with the ability to predict impending attacks.
- Risk Score and Hackability Score – Risk Score and Hackability Score are calculated using proprietary algorithms and mathematical models. With Risk Score, businesses gain a vantage view of their external threat landscape and understand how they stack up against their industry peers. Hackability Score serves as an indicator of how hackable businesses are and their level of attractiveness as a potential target.
Cloud & Cyber Security Expo Singapore
CYFIRMA’s Kumar Ritesh on the threat landscape and cyber intelligence
CYFIRMA, which is recently listed in Gartner Market Guide for Security Threat Intelligence Products and Services 2020, works with many major businesses including the likes of Digital Hearts, and other conglomerates in the high-tech manufacturing, media, financial services, consumer goods, retail and F&B industries to unravel cyber risks and threats.
Jun Watahiki, head of Security Operations Centre at Digital Hearts, commented: “At Digital Hearts, we operate a state-of-the-art Managed Security Services (MSS) platform for customers across many industries. Clients rely on us to keep their data and assets safe and secure. We have been collaborating with CYFIRMA for the past year to integrate their threat intelligence and indicators of compromise (IoCs) into our platform. The threat intelligence provided by CYFIRMA is distinctly different from the variety available in the market — the ability to correlate threat indicators with threat actors is a powerful feature.”
“Combined with our managed security offerings, CYFIRMA has contributed to helping our clients strengthen their security controls, and mitigate risks associated with malware and other cyberattacks. We chose CYFIRMA’s threat visibility and intelligence product because we want our clients to have the advantage of quality cyber intelligence. The partnership with CYFIRMA enables us to deliver our more unique offerings to the Japan market,” added Watahiki.
As the digital landscape expands and hackers and state-sponsored groups extend their cyber warfare into businesses and homes, reining in cyber threats and risk requires a mindset shift towards an intelligence-based predictive approach. The DeCYFIR platform is designed to decode threats and uncover hidden signals in the hyper-connected world.
Headquartered in Singapore and Tokyo, CYFIRMA is a leading threat discovery and cybersecurity platform company. Its cloud-based AI and ML-powered cyber intelligence analytics platform helps organizations proactively identify potential threats at the planning stage of cyberattacks, offers deep insights into their cyber landscape, and amplifies preparedness by keeping the organization’s cybersecurity posture up-to-date, resilient, and ready against upcoming attacks.
CYFIRMA works with many Fortune 500 companies. The company has offices and teams located in Singapore, Japan and India.
Get In Touch
CYFIRMA Communications Contact: Anna Koh, Tel: +65 94892177, Email: Anna.Koh@cyfirma.com