15 Dec 30 Cybersecurity Companies Raised $200M+ Each In 2021
Largest venture capital funding rounds this year
– Steve Morgan, Editor-in-Chief
Northport, N.Y. – Dec. 15, 2021
Cybersecurity Ventures has tracked more than $23 billion (that is not a typo) in venture capital devoted to cybersecurity companies in 2021.
The funding rounds are larger than ever. More than 30 cybersecurity companies raised $200 million or more in 2021.
TOP 30 INVESTMENTS
Go here for details on all of these transactions.
- Lacework Lands $1.3B To Expand Its Cloud Cybersecurity Platform
- Splunk Launches Splunk Security Cloud, Nabs $1B From Silver Lake
- Transmit Security Announces Citi Ventures And Goldman Sachs Asset Management As Additional Investors On Its Record-Setting $543M Series A Funding Round
- Identity Verification Startup Socure Raises $450M At $4.5B Valuation
- Claroty Raises $400M To Protect ‘Cyber-Physical’ Systems Such As IoT And Industrial
- Identity Verification Company Trulioo Lands $394M
- Ledger Raises $380M For Its Crypto Hardware Wallet
- Orca Security Raises Another $340M, Boosts Valuation To $1.8 Billion
- Crypto Infra Startup Fireblocks Raises $310M, Triples Valuation To $2.2B
- Armis Raises $300M On $3.4B Valuation To Fuel Acquisitions
Cybersecurity ratings Platform SecurityScorecard raises $180M
Highflier has raised nearly $300M to-date
- Forter Raises $300M On A $3B Valuation To Combat E-Commerce Fraud
- Cyber Security Software Startup Snyk Raises $300M, Valued At $8.5 Billion
- Netskope Attracts $300M In Additional Investment, Elevating Valuation To $7.5 Billion
- Israeli Firm Cybereason Raises $275M, Tripling Valuation
- Moody’s Will Invest $250M In BitSight, A Pioneer In Cybersecurity Ratings
- Cloud Security And Analytics Platform Devo Raises $250M To Bolster R&D Efforts
- Acronis Raises $250M At A $2.5B+ Valuation To Double Down On Cyber Protection Services
- Israeli Cybersecurity Firm Wiz Raises $250M, Soaring To $6B Valuation
- SoftBank Co-Leads $235M Investment In Israeli Facial Recognition Startup AnyVision
- Illumio Secures $225M At $2.75 Billion Valuation To Stop Cyber Disasters With Zero Trust Segmentation
- Identity Verification Startup Incode Raises $220M
- Shift Technology Raises $220M At A $1B+ Valuation To Fight Insurance Fraud With AI
- OneTrust Raises $210M To Expand Its Enterprise Compliance Solutions
- Coalition Closes $205M Series E, Valuing The Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
- Dragos Raises $200M To Protect Industrial Customers From Cyberattacks
- Israeli Cybersecurity Firm Cato Networks Raises $200M At A Valuation Of $2.5B
- Cybersecurity Unicorn Aura Gets $200M (Series F) At $2.5 Billion Valuation
- Cribl Raises $200M To Help Enterprises Do More With Their Data
- Cybersecurity Startup Exabeam Raises $200M, Valued At $2.4 Billion
- $200M Feedzai Funding Produces Another Silicon Valley Cybersecurity Unicorn
Looking for more deal flow? Here’s all of the cybersecurity mergers and acquisitions transactions in 2021.
The editors at Cybercrime Magazine will continue tracking VC and M&A activity for you in 2022. Stay tuned!
UPDATE: A day after this post, on Dec. 16, Sysdig bagged $350M in a late-stage funding round. That makes it 31 companies and counting as the year hasn’t ended yet.
– Steve Morgan is founder and Editor-in-Chief at Cybersecurity Ventures.